People nowadays create a website either for personal or business use. There are too many websites already built in different niches. If you’re planning to have one or you already have a website, you must be well aware now of the competition.
Your primary goal in creating a website is to communicate with people. This will only happen if they notice your website and check it out. For your website to be noticeable, it needs to have the key points every website must have to stand out.
To help you get started, here’s a few points you need to look out for on your website:
- Make sure that you have the best hosting plan
Your website hosting is the backbone of your site. It holds how you function on the internet. If your site is slow and lagging, then you may have issues with your hosting provider.
These are two key things you need to verify when choosing a web hosting provider:
- Reliability– you need to check their previous and current clients testimonials. Also, take a look at their statistics, check uptime percentage. You certainly don’t want your website to be unavailable frequently.
- Speed- How long does information on your page load? Does your page load in milliseconds or would you need to wait a few seconds? This is very important for your page visitors. If it takes time to load, then your visitors may leave and visit another site.
To find a good hosting provider you can check our reviews and resources from sites like makeawebsitehub.com to know the different options to choose from.
- Design your website to be user-friendly
When designing your user interface it’s important to keep your target audience in mind as they’re the ones that are going to be using it.
Consider these in the design of your website:
- Keep it simple and functional. Avoid too many images.
- Make the overall theme pleasing to look at. Your website’s appearance must fit the profile of your target audience. Play with the color scheme, too. A professional-looking website doesn’t mean that it has to look dull.
- Make navigation buttons easy to find.
- Make your website SEO-friendly.
Here are some of the things you need to work on for your website to be SEO-friendly:
- Your site URL: A less-complicated and easy-to-remember URL.
- Well-placed keywords: You can place keywords strategically on your headings, footer links, and others.
- Create powerful content
“Content is king”. People won’t notice your website if your content doesn’t set you apart from other websites. You need to tell them that you’re different and that you can provide them some information that they can only get from you.
If your website is for your business, allot a space to offer free educational materials to your prospective customers. This will help them see you as a leader in your industry.
- The mobile-compatibility of your site is a must.
Prospect customers or target users nowadays browse sites while they’re on-the-go using their mobile devices. They may be waiting for an appointment or riding on their way to the office. If your website has a terrible mobile version then forget about it, the likelihood of them leaving your site is high. They’ll find another site that can be viewed whenever and wherever they’re using a mobile phone or a tablet.
- Compatible to mostly used browsers
Many website owners tend to neglect browser compatibility. Imagine a prospective customer wants to view your website from a browser they’re comfortable with. Unfortunately they get an error message which requires them to use another browser. Customers want convenience, too. Few would go the extra mile to use the alternative browser. It’s either you lose their visit on the day, or you’ll lose them permanently.
There may be other aspects that you can tinker on your website for it to stand out. Above are among the basics. For your website to be noticed, it must matter to your target audience. Keep them always in your mind as you consider the design specifics of your website. For design ideas on your next website, check out this list of the best website designs of the year.