NVIDIA really shocked everyone when they essentially refreshed their RTX line of graphics card this summer with “Super” variants. Competition from AMD in the GPU space was one large factor for this, but at the end of the day the people who benefit the most from this competition are us the consumers. The RTX 2070 Super is actually based on the same TU104 silicon as the RTX 2080 so you are going to get more performance at the same price. Today we are taking a look at MSI’s Gaming X version of the 2070 Super which has a slight factory overclock and MSI’s Twin Frozr 7 thermal design. Is this the RTX 2070 Super you need? Read on as we find out!
- Boost Clock / Memory Speed
- 1800 MHz / 14 Gbps
- 8GB GDDR6
- DisplayPort x 3 / HDMI x 1
Twin Frozr 7 Thermal Design
- TORX Fan 3.0 with Double Ball Bearings
– Dispersion fan blade: Steep curved blade accelerating the airflow.
– Traditional fan blade: Provides steady airflow to massive heat sink below.
- Mastery of Aerodynamics: The heatsink is optimized for efficient heat dissipation, keeping your temperatures low and performance high.
- Zero Frozr technology: Stopping the fan in low-load situations, keeping a noise-free environment.
RGB Mystic Light
- Customize colors and LED effects with exclusive MSI software and synchronize the look & feel with other components.
- A consolidated platform that offers all software including MYSTIC LIGHT functionality for your MSI Gaming product.
The MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Super Gaming X comes in a very nice retail box. On the front there is a picture of the card and it does let us know that it features the Twin Frozr 7 cooling solution.
Flipping over to the back MSI goes into detail on the thermal design, RGB lighting, and gives you a full list of specifications and features.
As far as accessories you actually get some things with this card. Included is a anti-sag brace, a set of MSI coasters, a quick users guide, and a product registration card.