Ever since I started using an Ultrawide monitor I’ve been hooked. I was always a dual-monitor person, but an Ultrawide allows me to get pretty much the same screen real estate without any bezels in the middle. Ultrawide’s have been decently affordable, but many gaming-specific features have been missing. Ultrawide’s are considered more for productivity, but for many titles the Ultrawide resolution is pretty amazing. Today we are taking a look at MSI’s Optix MPG341CQR which is a 34-inch VA panel with a UWQHD (3440×1440) with a 144 Hz refresh rate, 1800R curve, 1 ms response time, and AMD FreeSync. This seems like it will be the perfect display for someone who wants to be productive, but also wants a great gaming experience as well. Read on as we take a look…
– Curved Gaming display (1800R) – The best gameplay immersion.
– UWQHD High Resolution – Game titles will even look better, displaying more details due to the UWQHD resolution.
– GameSense – Conductively enables external game alerts via RGB LED lighting with the hottest competitive online games.
– 144Hz Refresh Rate – The real smooth gaming.
– 1ms response time – eliminate screen tearing and choppy frame rates.
– HDR 400 – Stunning Visuals with the Most Criterion Format.
– Mystic Light – The ultimate gaming finish.
– Night Vision – Get the jump on enemies before they even notice you.
– Gaming OSD App – Create the ultimate viewing settings for your game.
– Best User Experience – Camera Cradle and Mouse Bungee.
– Adaptive Sync – prevent screen tearing.
– Frameless design – Ultimate gameplay experience.
– 178° wide view angle.
The MSI Optix MPG341CQR comes in your typical monitor packaging, which should do a good job at protecting the display turning shipping. Both sides of the box are the same with a picture of the monitor and some of the main features listed.
As far as what comes in the box besides the display you have a power cable, DisplayPort cable, HDMI cable, USB cable, mouse bungee, camera cradle, and a user’s guide.