Lexar is a company I’m sure you’ve heard of, many people I know will only use Lexar memory cards and their flash drives are the standard for many business users. Super-fast portable storage is something we’ve been talking a lot about here at ThinkComputers. Not only is this type of storage great for us enthusiasts, but also creators on the go, business users and more. Today we are taking a look at Lexar’s flagship portable solid state drive, the SL100 Pro. This drive features a small form factor, aluminum finish, and offers read and write speeds of 950 MB/s and 900 MB/s respectively. Read on as we take a look…
– Superior SSD-level performance, with speeds up to 950MB/s read and 900MB/s write1
– Sleek, slimline styling with a premium brushed aluminum finish
– Durable, portable design resists harsh temperatures and vibration**
– Includes 256-bit AES encryption software solution to protect files securely
– Features a USB Type-C (USB-C) port, and includes both USB Type-C to Type-C cable and USB Type-C to standard USB Type-A cable
– Three-year limited warranty
The SL100 Pro comes in a nice retail package. On the front of the box we have a picture of the drive and it lets us know the speeds, capacity, and some of the main features of the drive.
Flipping over to the back we have directions on how to get started with the drive and some of the main features are detailed.
Getting everything out of the drive you have the SL100 Pro drive, a USB-C cable, and a USB-C to USB-A cable. Having the Type-C to Type-A cable is nice for backwards comparability.