Over the past couple of years MSI has really solidified themselves as a major player in the motherboard market. Their main focus with many of their motherboards has been gaming a recently they divided their gaming segment into three distinct series, Enthusiast Gaming, Performance Gaming, and Arsenal Gaming. Today we will be taking a look at a really unique motherboard which is part of the Enthusiast Gaming Series. It is not often we see motherboards with PCB’s that differ from black, but MSI has gone Titanium with their X99A XPower Gaming Titanium as the name suggests. MSI did not just make the PCB of this board a Titanium color and expect people to buy it, they have decked it out with all of the options enthusiast gamers would want! You have Intel Gaming Networking, SLI and Crossfire support with steel-plated PCIe and DDR4 slots, 32 Gb/s M.2 and U.2 ports, USB 3.1 Gen 2 (Type-A and Type-C) ports, Audio Boost 3, powered by Nahimic Sound Technology, and so much more! This motherboard has pretty much everything you could ask for! Let’s jump in and see what it is all about!
Special thanks to MSI for providing us with the X99A XPower Gaming Titanium Motherboard to review.
– Supports New Intel® Core™ i7 processors Extreme Edition in LGA 2011-3 socket
– Supports Quad Channel DDR4-3400+(OC) Memory
– DDR4 Boost: Give your DDR4 memory a performance boost
– Support lntel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0.
– USB 3.1 Gen2 2X FASTER: USB 3.1 Gen2 offers performance twice as fast as a regular USB 3.0 connection
– Turbo M.2 32Gb/s + Turbo U.2 32Gb/s + USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-A+C + SATA 6Gb/s
– GAMING LAN with LAN Protect, powered by Intel®: The best online gaming experience with lowest latency
– Audio Boost 3: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality
– Nahimic Audio Enhancer: Immersive sound quality that pushes the limits of reality
– Game Boost: This one goes up to eleven; 8 levels of easy overclocking
– GAMING Hotkey: Assign macros, launch your favorite games or do real-time overclocking using a single button
– Designed for overclocking: with OC Essentials and OC Engine
– XSplit Gamecaster v2.5: 1 year free premium license to show off your skills and achievements to the world
– SteelSeries Certified: Optimized for SteelSeries gaming gear
– Military Class 5: The latest evolution in high quality components featuring the brand new Titanium Chokes
– MULTI-GPU with Steel Armor: Steel Armor PCI-E slots. Supports 4-Way NVIDIA SLI™ & AMD Crossfire™
– Click BIOS 5: Award-winning brand new Click BIOS 5 with high resolution scalable font
– BIOS Flashback+: Easy BIOS recovery without the need of a CPU, memory and VGA card
– GAMING CERTIFIED: 24-hour on- and offline game testing by eSports players for the best gaming experience
– USB Speed Up: for up to 30% performance improvement on USB devices
The MSI X99A XPower Gaming Titanium Motherboard comes in a nice retail box that matches the Titanium theme of the board itself. On the front there is a picture of the motherboard.
The front of the box actually opens up like a book and reveals the motherboard and some of the main features. This is great if you want to get a better look at the board and read up on its features before you buy it. Flipping the box over to the back there is a full overview of the board and the rear I/O so you know exactly what you are getting.
As far as accessories go you get quite a lot with the X99A XPower Gaming Titanium. Inside the box you will find 10 SATA cables, I/O shield, two SLI bridges, two CrossFire connectors, RGB LED extension cable, two antenna’s for the WiFi, voltage check cables, M-connectors, door hanger, motherboard poster, hard drive stickers, quick start guide, user’s guide, and drivers & software CDs.