Today we have the opportunity to take a look revamped version of the infamous NZXT Tempest, the NZXT Tempest EVO. With many upgrades from the original Tempest including a complete black interior, tinted window, extra cable management options and many other features, the Tempest EVO is surely a case you should consider. Read on further to see more features and to see how the owner of the original Tempest feels about the EVO.
Special thanks to NZXT for providing us with the Tempest EVO Mid Tower Chassis to review.
- The King reborn: Dual 120mm intake, Dual 140mm exhaust with an additional side 120mm fan and rear 120mm fan makes NZXT Tempest one of top cases in cooling, maximizing air circulation in all areas. The new Tempest EVO has upgraded nine blade design fans that deliver more air at low noise levels
- Maximize Expandability: E-ATX support allows more compatibility with high end components including large graphics cards, high end power supplies. and server boards
- Enhanced accessibility & cable management: Cable routing is pre-drilled on the motherboard so users can hide cables behind the motherboard tray, allowing more a cleaning look and better airflow. Power, E-SATA, USB and Reset buttons are mounted at the top to give better accessibility. The Tempest EVO has increased space behind the motherboard panel from a punched side panel design and a CPU punchout for heatsink removal
- Bottom mounted PSU: PSU mounting at the bottom allows for more security and separation of heat from the CPU
- Server-like HDD space: Dual 120mm fans cool cages that hold up to 8 HDDs allowing for large capacity systems while maintaining cool temperatures
- Overclocking and water cooling friendly: The Tempest is predrilled for watercooling tube access and supports a dual 120mm radiator at the top panel.
- Black on Black: All new black interior, smoked side panel gives the Tempest an all new sleek look.
|CASE TYPE||MID TOWER Steel|
|FRONT PANEL MATERIAL||PLASTIC|
|DIMENSIONS (W x H x D)||211.5 X 521.5 X 562 mm|
|COOLING SYSTEM||FRONT, 2 X 120 mm Blue LED (included)
REAR, 1 X 120 mm (included)
SIDE PANEL, 1 X 120mm Blue LED (included)
TOP, 2 X 140mm Fan (included)
|DRIVE BAYS||9 DRIVE BAYS
3 EXTERNAL 5.25″ DRIVE BAYS ( up to six 5.25″ )
1 3.5″ External bracket
8 INTERNAL 3.5″ DRIVE BAYS
Screwless Rail Design
|POWER SUPPLY||500 WATT PS2 ATX 12V 2.0 ( OPTIONAL )|
|WEIGHT||11.2 KGS (W/O Power)|
|MOTHERBOARD SUPPORT||MOTHERBOARDS: E-ATX ATX, MICRO-ATX, BABY AT|
The Tempest EVO comes packaged in a high quality package. On the front of the box rests some features and basic details about the case overtop of a background which has NZXT’s representation of what a Tempest is. There are a lot of definitions for a Tempest and some of which apply to this image, so I’m not entirely sure what they’re trying to represent. The back of the case shows two perspectives of the case and covers even more features about the case.
The case is protected inside the package by two pieces of soft foam and is protected from dust and scratches by a plastic bag.