Nowadays, the selection of video editing software is impressive, and in order not to get lost, you need to study the available options well. We researched for you to simplify the process of choice, and we are ready to share a selection of the best video editors.
Among them, you will find both simple video processing programs suitable for quickly making a video for TikTok and other popular social networks, as well as advanced video editors used by professionals and bloggers with millions of subscribers.
Movavi Video Editor
Video Editor by Movavi has won the trust of many users. And there is a reason for it. Its user-friendly interface helps beginners smoothly get used to the program and understand the editing tools easily. On the first launch, the program will give you tips on how to edit videos and how to use each tool. The main feature of the video editor can rightfully be called simplicity.
Even rather complex special effects can be done in a couple of minutes. For example, to replace the background with the Chroma Key tool, you only need to select a background color and load a new one. The program also allows you to add a logo to the video. This video editor is almost “omnivorous”: it can work with all popular formats, save videos for devices and upload videos to the Internet.
Pros of this simple video editor are the following:
- Simple implementation of complex effects.
- Chroma Key, animation, slow motion.
- Convenient work with title templates.
- Direct upload of finished videos to YouTube, Vimeo, and Google Drive.
- There are versions for both Windows and Mac
- It is impossible to import files from cloud storage.
AVS Video Editor
AVS Video Editor is video editing software that evokes pleasant nostalgic feelings. The interface is somewhat similar to Movie Maker but in a more modern guise. You can switch between the timeline and storyboard: in the first mode, it is convenient to work with the project as a whole, while the second option shifts the focus to a separate slide or transition.
There is also the ability to make a DVD movie with menus, switches, and other delights. Moreover, this versatile editing software works with all popular formats and converts videos for modern devices.
- Simple and pleasant interface.
- Over 300 effects.
- The ability to burn your project to DVD and Blu-ray.
- No Mac and Linux versions.
VSDC video editing software is designed for non-linear editing. At any time, you can edit any scene of the video, regardless of its place in the project. Among the features of the program is the ability to add diagrams and graphs to your project. This is very useful when creating work presentations that need to be illustrated with infographics. It is convenient to work simultaneously with several tracks of video, audio, and titles. The program also includes a multimedia converter and a screen recording utility.
- Creating different types of charts.
- Plenty of useful tools: blur, object tracking.
- Color correction: hue and saturation curves, color correction tables.
- Windows-only program.
VEGAS Pro is professional video software for PC users with video editing experience. If you are not sure that you are ready to devote your whole life to video editing, we recommend you pay attention to simpler programs. VEGAS Pro has a huge variety of instruments, making it pleasant and easy for professionals to cope with video editing tasks of any complexity.
With this program, you can work with Chroma Key to a new level: make the background more stylish, remove glare, and replace it without distortion. Special attention should be paid to the tools for working with audio: audio sync of multiple cameras, input buses, and much more.
- Powerful video editor with professional tools.
- Additional plug-ins.
- Complex and expensive program for a beginner.
Corel VideoStudio video software is suitable for those who are already skilled in video creation and want to develop in the direction of video blogging, for example. In this program, you can edit videos using more advanced tools: LUT profiles for color correction, trajectory settings, picture creation, Audio Ducking for sound dubbing, and many others.
There is also the solution for multi-camera shooting – such materials are easy to combine in the MultiCam mode. The program allows you to quickly upload videos to YouTube or save them in any format of your choice.
- Professional but simple tools.
- Video editing in HD, 4K, and 360.
- Frame-by-frame animation.
- It may be difficult for beginners to cope with this program.
A bonus: some other helpful tools
As we have mentioned, the selection of video editing software is impressive. But your search is not limited to the options we have described. Many other tools are worth paying attention to. Here are the bonus options we also recommend trying:
- Lightworks – non-linear video editing software that supports various formats. Features of this tool are impressive. According to the data provided, it is used by 5.5 million users around the globe.
- Shotcut – a free, open-source, cross-platform video editor. Numerous device and transport options, wide format support, intuitive interface – all these make this tool a sound choice.
- FXhome – numerous video editing software tools from this company will help you bring your video editing to a new level.
Which video cards are better to use
Choosing video software is not the only challenge you may face. It is also important to pay attention to video cards and GPUs. Here are some video cards that are worth your attention:
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti – the best video editing card of 2021.
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super – an affordable video card for video editing.
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 is a good card for gaming and video editing.
- AMD Radeon RX 5700XT – an inexpensive video card for Mac video editing.
- Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000 – maximum reliability and stability.
If you are looking for a video editor, searching for the best video editing software will not be enough. Choose a program for video processing not only by the number of functions and capabilities but also by taking into account your level of computer skills in general and video editing software solution in particular.