The guys over at TweakTown have been testing different graphics cards and how efficient they are at Ethereum mining. They have put the AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 Liquid Cooled Edition up against NVIDIA’s TITAN Xp. Keep in mind this is a $599 card (Vega 64) vs a $1199 (TITAN Xp) card.
Here are some preliminary results from the two cards…
AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 Liquid Cooled Edition
HBM2 @ 1100MHz – 42.9MH/s sustained ETH mining performance
- -21% power (327W) – 42.9MH/s @ 54C @ 980RPM
- -25% power (303W) – 42.9MH/s @ 46C @ 960RPM
- -28% power (294W) – 42.8MH/s @ 49C @ 965RPM
After 25-30 minutes of constant ETH mining, the RX Vega 64 LCE was stable at 42.9MH/s while consuming 294W of power, running at a stable 50C with the fan at 960RPM.
NVIDIA TITAN Xp
@stock – 35MH/s (200W) @ 62C @ 1750RPM
- +610MHz (275W) – 42.5MH/s @ 79C @ 2350RPM
- +740MHz (280W) – 42MH/s @ 65C @ 2350RPM
- -power to 80% – 40MH/s (250W) @ 79C @ 2350RPM
- -power to 85% – 41.3MH/s (265W) @ 80C @ 2350RPM
- -power to 95% – 42.4MH/s (290W) @ 80C @ 2350RPM
- +power to 120% – 42MH/s (300W) @ 80C @ 2350RPM
When increasing the fan speed on the TITAN Xp to 75% (3600RPM) the temps dropped to 65C but there was no additional performance.
As you can see the RX Vega 64 definitely has superior compute performance when it comes to Ethereum mining. It achieves around 42MH/s of mining power at 295W, while the TITAN Xp achieves the same 42MH/s at around 295-300W.
And again keep in mind the Radeon RC Vega 64 LCE is just $599 compared to the $1199 of the TITAN Xp. TweakTown will be doing a full article on this, so stay tuned!