Earlier this week Intel made their 9th generation processors and the Z390 chipset official. With that we are going to see a whole slew of new motherboards for Intel’s latest mainstream platform. As of right now the embargo on the processors is still in effect, but we are able to tell you about the chipset, and more importantly the motherboards! Today we have a preview of the ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming SLI/ac, which basically sits in the middle of the Phantom Gaming series. ASRock of course has moved their Phantom Gaming branding over from their graphics cards, so when you see Phantom Gaming you’ll know it is ASRock’s gaming brand. This board features a 10-phase power design, 2.5 Gigabit LAN, SLI and CrossFire support, and much more.
Special thanks to ASRock for providing us with the Z390 Phantom Gaming SLI/ac motherboard.
- Supports 9th and 8th Gen Intel® Core™ processors (Socket 1151)
- Phantom Gaming 2.5 Gigabit LAN
- Digital PWM, 10 Power Phase
- Supports DDR4 4300+(OC) MHz
- 2 PCIe 3.0 x16, 4 PCIe 3.0 x1
- NVIDIA® Quad SLI™, AMD Quad CrossFireX™
- Graphics Output Options : HDMI, DVI-D
- 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec)
- Nichicon Fine Gold Series Audio Caps
- 6 SATA3, 2 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3)
- 2 USB 3.1 Gen2 10Gb/s (1 Type-A + 1 Type-C)
- 8 USB 3.1 Gen1 (4 Front, 4 Rear)
- Intel® 802.11ac WiFi + BT 4.2
- ASRock Polychrome SYNC
ASRock is keeping the same type of colors and branding that they used on their Phantom Gaming graphics cards. On the front of the box there is a large Phantom Gaming logo and it lets us know we do indeed have the Z390 Phantom Gaming SLI/ac.
Flipping over to the back we have a full overview of the board and some of the main features are detailed.
Getting everything out of the box we have our I/O shield, 2 SATA cables, SLI HB bridge, WiFi antennas, screws for the M.2 slots, software setup guide, quick installation guide, user’s guide, case sticker, and a driver and software CD.