With the Z590 chipset ASRock of course has a Z590 Taichi motherboard. The whole idea behind the Taichi series since it launched was to give you the consumer as many features as possible at a reasonable price. We’ve reviewed quite a few Taichi motherboards and all of them have delivered on that promise. The Z590 Taichi brings with it all of the features you would expect from the Z590 chipset, but also adds in some exclusive ASRock features as well. You get a 14-phase power design, dual Thunderbolt 4 ports, USB 3.2 gen 2×2 support, three NVMe slots, and Killer 2.5G LAN as well as Killer 802.11ax WiFi. ASRock has finally added a feature we’ve been asking for, one of the gears on the board actually moves! Is this the Z590 board you need to pick up for your next build? Read on as we find out!
– Supports 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors and 11th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors
– 14 Phase Dr.MOS Power Design
– Supports DDR4 5000MHz (OC)
– 2 x PCIe 4.0 x16, 1 x PCIe 3.0 x16, 1 x PCIe 3.0 x1
– Graphics Output Options: HDMI, 2 x Thunderbolt™ Type-C
– 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec), Nahimic Audio
– 8 SATA3, 1 x Hyper M.2 (PCIe Gen4 x4)
– 2 x Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3)
– 2 x Thunderbolt™ 4/USB 4.0 Type-C (40Gb/s)
– 1 x USB 3.2 Gen2x2 Front Type-C (20Gb/s)
– 2 x Rear USB 3.2 Gen2 Type A (10Gb/s)
– 8 x USB 3.2 Gen1 (4 x Rear, 4 x Front)
– Killer E3100G 2.5G LAN, Intel® Gigabit LAN
– Killer AX1675x 802.11ax(WiFi 6E) + BT 5.2
– Lightning Gaming Ports (Patent Pending)
– ASRock Graphics Card Holder (Patent Pending)
The Z590 Taichi comes in ASRock’s typical retail packaging, which if you aren’t familiar has more of a portrait box layout rather than landscape like everyone else does. On the front it lets us know we indeed have the Z590 Taichi. The front of the box actually opens like a book where many of the features of the board are detailed and there is a window so we can get a look at the board itself.
Flipping over to the back even more of the features are detailed, there is a full picture of the board, overview of the rear I/O, and a full list of specifications.
Opening the box up and getting everything out as far as accessories go you have four SATA cables, hex screwdriver, WiFi antennas, graphics card holder, USB bracket, optional cooler fan and bracket, velcro straps, M.2 screws, ASRock Taichi stickers, a Taichi keychain, software setup guide, quick installation guide, and a software & driver CD.