We’ve been huge fans of be quiet’s Dark Power Pro power supply series since we were first introduced to it a few years ago. It is no wonder that be quiet! is Germany’s number 1 power supply manufacturer. The Dark Power Pro 11 takes the Dark Power Pro series to the next level by adding new power conversion topology that delivers 80PLUS Platinum performance, and an unparalleled array of enhancements that augment this unit’s compatibility, convenience of use, reliability, and safety. Be quiet says that this unit is the most technologically-advanced power supply they’ve ever built! The unit also features a semi-modular design so you only use the cables you need, a 135 mm SilentWings 3 fan so you know it is going to be quiet, and an overclocking key which allows switchover between quadruple independent 12V-rail mode and high-performance single-rail operation. The unit comes in wattages 550W – 1200W and today we are taking a look at the 850W unit, let’s see what it can do!
Special thanks to be quiet! for providing us with the Dark Power Pro 11 850W Power Supply to review.
– 80PLUS® Platinum certification and up to 94% power conversion efficiency
– Virtually inaudible operation thanks to a broad array of optimizations, including the use of a be quiet! SilentWings® 3 135mm fan
– SilentWings® 3 fan features an advanced fan frame, an airflow-optimized fan blade, fluid-dynamic bearing with copper core and a high-quality 6-pole motor for less vibration
– The funnel-shaped fan opening of the PSU case is significant big and allows high airflow intake
– 850 Watts of continuous power provide intensive power reserves for demanding computing applications
– Overclocking key allows switchover between quadruple independent 12V-rail mode and high-performance single-rail operation
– NVIDIA SLI Ready and AMD CrossFireX certifications allow you to build powerful Multi-GPU systems with confidence
– Cable management with extra long cable reach simplifies component installation and reduces annoying clutter, increasing airflow and improving cooling in even the largest PC cases
– Product conception, design and quality control in Germany
For a full list of specifications be sure to check out the product page.
The Dark Power Pro 11 comes in the typical be quiet! packaging we are used to seeing. On the front there is a picture of the unit and it lets us know we have the 850W unit.
Flipping over to the back there is a full overview of the power supply giving the specifications, input and output data, and cables included and the cable length.
Getting everything out of the box we have the Dark Power Pro 11 power supply, all of the modular cables, overclocking key (rear I/O button), fan connectors, velcro cable ties, normal cable ties, and two sets of mounting screws. The modular cables are sleeved in black, which is a step away from the flat cable design everyone else seems to be using.
For a full unboxing and overview of the Dark Power Pro 11 be sure to check out our unboxing video below.