Typically when we think of high-end air CPU coolers we think of the traditional tower-style coolers with multiple fans. be quiet! really changed with their top-flow Dark Rock TF which launched back in 2015. Now be quiet is back with their Dark Rock TF 2 which brings with it a dual-heatsink, dual-fan design with six 6mm heatpipes capable of handling thermal loads up to 230W. In this new version be quiet! has reworked the heatsink, mounting, top cover, and added new Silent Wings 3 fans. Is this the ultimate air cooler for your next build? Read on as we take a look!
– Extremely high cooling performance with 230W TDP
– Two heat sinks with anti-vibration rubber inserts
– Six high-performance 6mm heat pipes
– Silent Wings 3 135mm with funnel shaped air-inlet and a Silent Wings 135mm for virtually inaudible operation of max. 27.1dB(A)
– Optimized mounting system makes for an easy installation
– Special black coating with ceramic particles enables perfect heat transfer
– Brushed aluminum top cover for elegant look
– Three-year manufacturer’s warranty
– Product conception, design and quality control in Germany
The Dark Rock TF 2 comes in be quiet’s typical retail packaging, which is always full of information so if you were to pick up the box at the store you would have more than enough information to make an informed purchase. On the front there is a picture of the cooler itself. Flipping over to the back many of the features are details. On the side of the box there is a full list of specifications as well.
Getting everything out of the box we have the Dark Rock TF 2 heatsink, two cooling fans, fan clips, mounting hardware, Y-connector, thermal paste, and installation instructions.