With so many headsets to choose from on the market these days, manufacturers have been trying to create a product that sets them apart from the mainstream. Corsair has designed the HS1 to simulate the couch listening experience so the music is not “in your head” but rather surrounding you like your typical home stereo setup would. The design is composed of larger than average drivers, a very creative and comfortable design, and an attention to sound detail that every audiophile and gamer will be in awe of. Their hardware solution is crisp and clean in its audio reproduction and when coupled with their software, gives unmatched control of audio features that are sure to make the experience adjustable to each individuals liking.
Special thanks to Corsair for providing us with the HS1 USB Gaming Headset to Review.
- Massive 50mm drivers for high-quality audio reproduction
- Frequency response tuned to deliver serious gaming punch without sacrificing audio quality for music and movies
- Circumaural, closed-back earcups for superior noise isolation
- Replaceable memory foam earpads with fabric covers for a firm fit without binding or pinching
- Optimized baffle and geometry in ear cup and driver design
- Unidirectional noise cancelling microphone & Inline volume control
- Dolby headphone technology with support for Native 5.1 and 7.1 sound sources
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Impedance: 32 Ohms at 1kHz
- Dynamic range: 93dB A-wtd
- USB power consumption: 250mW
- Drivers: 50mm
- Cable: 3 meters
- Connector: USB Type A
- Type: Unidirectional noise-cancelling condenser
- Impedance: 2.2k Ohms
- Frequency response: 200Hz – 10kHz +/- 2dB
- Sensitivity (1mW, 1KHz): -45dB +4/-2 dB
Any Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP computer with a USB Connector.
Packaging / Contents
The Corsair HS1’s come neatly packaged in a blue, white and black box, exactly the same colors that you’ll find on their logos and branding on their wide variety of products. The right side of the box has a clear plastic window so you can preview the design of half of the headset. On the top left front of the box is the Corsair logo, with the opposing corner stating its part of Corsair’s “Gaming Audio Series”. On the bottom left of the box in large print is “HS1” with a product description directly beneath it, stating it is indeed a ”USB Gaming Headset”. In the very bottom right hand corner is the Dolby Digital headphone mark, used to help people Identify this is indeed a product using Dolby Digital technology.
The right side of the box continues the preview window so you can get a side view of the headset, while the left side of the box displays the specification in 6 different languages. The top of the box has print stating the products is backed by Corsairs 2 year guarantee. The back of the box is separated by their corporate colors, with the white area telling you about how it’s a gaming headset built for audiophiles and for comfort, the blue section gives you a one sentence summary of the Dolby headphone technology for virtual 7.1 surround, while the black area tells you about the contents of the package.
The package contains:
- HS1 headset with USB connector and inline volume control/microphone mute
- Driver/utility for Windows 7, Vista and XP
- Quick Start Guide