Not that long ago we took a look at Fractal Design’s Node 304 case. This small form factor case was made for mini-ITX motherboards. Today we have the Node 304’s big brother the Node 605. This case is designed the be a home theater PC case. It supports full ATX motherboards, which is great as many people repurpose old systems into home theater PC’s. The front of the case has a nice brushed aluminum finish and inside you have room for up to 4 hard drives. Other features include USB 3.0 support, a card reader and two 120mm fans included. Is this the case for your next HTPC build?
Special thanks to Fractal Design for providing us with the Node 605 HTPC Case to review.
– Solid aluminum front panel
– Supports full ATX motherboards
– Noise-dampening material
– 4 HDD/SSD slots
– Integrated card reader
– Two Silent Series R2 hydraulic bearing fans included
– Supports graphic cards up to 280mm in length (180mm with all hard drives in place)
– USB 3.0 and FireWire front connectors
– ATX, microATX, Mini ITX, DTX motherboard compatibility
– 7 expansion slots
– 4 – supports either 2.5″ or 3.5″ HDD / SSD
– 1 slim-line ODD (only supported with mATX or smaller motherboards)
– PSU compatibility: 180 mm (including any modular connectors) with both hard drive cages mounted or 190 mm (excluding cables and any modular connectors) with one hard drive cage mounted
– CPU cooler compatibility: Approx 125mm with side-mounted fans – For coolers with top-mounted fans, Fractal Design recommends that you add at least 30 mm clearance for decent airflow
– Case dimensions (W x H x D): 445 x 164 x 349 mm (excluding front panel – 440 x 162 x 341 mm)
– Net weight: 6,0 kg
Cooling / Ventilation
– 5 (3 – 120mm + 2 – 80mm)
– 2 – 120mm Silent Series R2 fans included
– Removable air filters for side fans and PSU
– Integrated three-channel fan controller
Graphics card Compatibility
– 180 mm with both hard drive cages mounted
– 255 mm with one hard drive cage mounted
– 290 mm in the top two ATX expansion card slots with two hard drive cages mounted
– 280 mm in the top four ATX expansion card slots with one hard drive cage mounted, containing – one 3.5″ HDD and one 2.5″ SSD
The Node 605 comes in a the normal case box we are used to seeing from Fractal Design. There is an overview of the case on the front and on the other side there is a list of features.
Opening the box up inside you will find it nicely protected with two large pieces of styrofoam and a plastic bag.