Gigabyte has been expanding their portfolio of products this year. With their high-end gaming brand AORUS they introduced both DDR4 memory and power supplies. Under the main brand they are releasing their first solid state drive, the UD Pro. With this move it seems Gigabyte pretty much makes everything you need to build a system besides the CPU of course. The UD Pro drive is powered by the Phison S10 controller and Toshiba 64-layer TLC NAND. It boats sequential read and write speeds of 530 MB/s and 500 MB/s respectively. Let’s take a look at this drive and see what it can do!
– Form Factor: 2.5-inch internal SSD
– Interface: SATA 6.0Gb/s
– Total Capacity: 512GB*
– Warranty: Limited 3-year
– Sequential Read speed : 530 MB/s**
– Sequential Write speed : 500 MB/s**
– Toshiba 3D TLC NAND Flash offers blazing speed, high capacity & enhanced reliability
– External DDR3 DRAM Cache for Better Sustain Speed
– TRIM & S.M.A.R.T supported
The UD Pro drive comes in a nice retail package that is not much larger than the drive itself. On the front it says “SSD” real big and lets us know we have the 512 GB version. Gigabyte is also offering this drive in a 256 GB version.
Flipping the package over to the back we have some specifications listed in a few different languages.
Getting everything out of the box we just have the drive and a warranty guide.