With the launch of Intel’s 9th Generation Core processors, including the Core i9-9900K, Intel has also introduced the Z390 chipset. Since Intel’s official announcement we’ve already seen quite a lot of motherboards Z390 motherboards announced. Today we are taking a look at our first Z390 motherboard, which happens to be the ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming SLI/ac. It sits right in the middle of ASRock’s Phantom Gaming line and features a 10-phase power design, 2.5 Gigabit LAN, SLI and CrossFire support, and much more. Let’s get this board on the test bench and see what it can do!
Special thanks to ASRock for providing us with the Z390 Phantom Gaming SLI/ac motherboard.
- Supports 9th and 8th Gen Intel® Core™ processors (Socket 1151)
- Phantom Gaming 2.5 Gigabit LAN
- Digital PWM, 10 Power Phase
- Supports DDR4 4300+(OC) MHz
- 2 PCIe 3.0 x16, 4 PCIe 3.0 x1
- NVIDIA® Quad SLI™, AMD Quad CrossFireX™
- Graphics Output Options : HDMI, DVI-D
- 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec)
- Nichicon Fine Gold Series Audio Caps
- 6 SATA3, 2 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3)
- 2 USB 3.1 Gen2 10Gb/s (1 Type-A + 1 Type-C)
- 8 USB 3.1 Gen1 (4 Front, 4 Rear)
- Intel® 802.11ac WiFi + BT 4.2
- ASRock Polychrome SYNC
ASRock is keeping the same type of colors and branding that they used on their Phantom Gaming graphics cards. On the front of the box there is a large Phantom Gaming logo and it lets us know we do indeed have the Z390 Phantom Gaming SLI/ac.
Flipping over to the back we have a full overview of the board and some of the main features are detailed.
Getting everything out of the box we have our I/O shield, 2 SATA cables, SLI HB bridge, WiFi antennas, screws for the M.2 slots, software setup guide, quick installation guide, user’s guide, case sticker, and a driver and software CD.