When it comes to X99 motherboards we have taken a look at boards from ASUS, MSI, ASRock and EVGA. The company not on that list is Gigabyte and today we are getting our first look at one of their X99 motherboards. The X99-UD4 is set to be a more affordable motherboard in their X99 stack and is not really aimed towards gamers or overclockers, but offers a great set of features any user will appreciate. The board is part of the companies Ultra Durable line and features an all digital power design, 4-way graphics support, dual M.2 slot, SATA Express support, Intel Gigabit LAN, and the companies AMP-UP audio solution. Did I mention the board lights up too? Let’s get the board on the test bench and see if Gigabyte has a winner on their hands.
– Supports New Intel® Core™ i7 Processor Extreme Edition
– 4 Channel DDR4, 8 DIMMs
– Genuine All Digital Power Design with IR Digital PWM & IR PowIRstage® ICs
– 4-Way Graphics with Premium PCIe Lane
– Dual M.2 Technology for SSD Drive and WIFI card
– 6x(30µ) Gold Plating for CPU socket, Memory DIMMs and PCIe slots
– Realtek ALC1150 115dB SNR HD audio with built-in Rear Audio Amplifier
– Independent Right and Left Audio Channel PCB Layers
– LED lighting for the audio guard light path and the back panel LED
– All Stainless Steel connectors on rear panel
– High end quality audio capacitors
– SATA Express support for up to 10 Gb/s data transfer
– Long lifespan Durable Black™ Solid caps
– APP Center including EasyTune™ and Cloud Station™ utilities
– Thunderbolt™ Ready
– GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS™ with Q-Flash Plus USB port
– Safer design around screw mounting holes
For a full list of specifications be sure to check out the product page.
The X99-UD4 comes in Gigabyte’s typical motherboard packaging. On the front it lets us know this motherboard is part of the Ultra Durable series and lists the product name. The front actually open up like a book so you can actually take a look at the motherboard before you buy it.
Flipping the box over there is a complete overview of the motherboard and rear I/O listing many of the features in detail.
Opening up the box inside you will of course find the motherboard and accessories. When it comes to accessories you have the I/O shield, a 4-way SLI bridge, two 3-way SLI bridges, a 2-way SLI cable, CrossFire connector, 4 SATA connectors, PCI-Express adapter, drivers & utility CD, and user’s manual.
For a full unboxing and overview of the Gigabyte X99-UD4 be sure to check out our video below.