In the world of sit-stand desks there are quite a lot of options and the prices are all over the place as well. There has been many studies that show sitting at your desk all day is bad for your body. Sit-stand desks give you the ability to choose to sit or stand. These have become so popular that even Ikea makes a sit-stand desk. iMovR has sent us their Lander motorized sit-stand desk and we’ve been using it for the past few weeks. All of the iMovR desks are made entirely in the USA, can be assembled in minutes without tools, and they even have an app that lets you control the desk and much more. Now this desk has a starting price of $999 so it is quite the investment for the ordinary person. Is it worth it? Read on as we find out!
– Next generation electric standing desk, proudly engineered and made in the USA
– Intuitive height control paddle enables smooth, double-tap height changes and subtle visual reminders to change position
– Future-proof Bluetooth-enabled controller works with free downloadable app
– Whisper-quiet motors, heavy lifting capacity, and stable work surface
– Advanced 3D-laminated surfaces with hundreds of size-and-color combinations to choose from
– Arrives nearly fully-assembled so you’ll be standing in minutes, no tools required
– Best warranty in the industry: 10 years on all base components, and 5 years on tabletop
– The Lander is also available with our patented ergonomic keyboard tray, Lander Desk with SteadyType
You can do all of your ordering on the iMovR website. While the Lander Desk starts at $999 there are quite a few addons that can bring the price up. For us we went for the Lander Desk with SteadyType, with a desktop size of 30″ x 47″ with Light Maple wood grain. iMovR also sent over their EcoLast Premium Standing Mat so our total for the desk came to $1,453.95. Shipping is free though!
Our Lander Desk once ordered took only a week to be delivered, that is not bad for a custom-built desk. The desk comes in two different boxes, the larger box has the desktop and motors in it and the smaller box has your legs it in.
Both boxes are packaged quite nicely and all components are protected. There was not any damage or scratches found on the desk or legs.