Intel breaks beyond the 5 GHz barrier for laptops with the launch of the 10th Gen Intel Core H-series mobile processors. Headlined by the 10th Gen Intel Core i9-10980HK processor, the H-series delivers desktop-caliber performance that gamers and creators can take anywhere.
The new Intel Comet Lake-H series consists of six total processors (Core i5, i7 and i9), all of which have a 45W TDP. Comet Lake-H will still be produced on Intel’s 14nm process, and the processor architecture and maximum number of cores, eight, have not been further increased from the ninth Core generation. At the top of the stack is the 10th Gen Intel Core i9-10980HK, featuring unparalleled performance across the board with up to 5.3 GHz Turbo, eight cores, 16 threads and 16MB of Intel Smart Cache. The unlocked 10th Gen Intel Core i9-10980HK processor powers the ultimate laptops for gamers and creators, allowing further customization, optimization and tuning of the CPU’s performance.
Compared with a three-year-old system, the i9-10980HK delivers:
– Up to 54% more frames per second in gaming for even better playability across top titles
– Up to 44% better overall performance for faster, more responsive productivity users can feel
– Up to two times faster 4K video rendering and export making it faster and easier to create and share
– The 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H processor with up to 5.0 GHz3 Turbo is purpose-built for enthusiast gamers and creators demanding optimized performance.
Compared with a three-year-old system, i7-10750H delivers:
– Up to 44% more frames per second in gaming
– Up to 33% better overall performance
– Up to 70% faster 4K video exporting
The 10th Gen launch also introduces the new Intel Core i7-10875H, featuring up to 5.1 GHz Turbo, eight cores and 16 threads for the growing creator segments,
enthusiast gamers that also enjoy creation, and other demanding multitaskers.
How It is Optimized for Amazing Gaming: Engineered in collaboration with leading PC manufacturers, more than 30 thin-and-light systems measuring 20 mm or less in thickness and 100 designs across consumer, commercial and workstation segments will launch this year. Intel also optimizes laptops with PC-makers to support the latest technologies, including:
– Integrated Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (Gig+) supports nearly three times faster downloads13 for high-speed, low-latency wireless performance
– Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0
– Intel® Adaptix™ Dynamic Tuning Technology and Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility for intelligent performance tuning
– Intel® Speed Optimizer delivers simple one-click method to overclock1
– Thunderbolt™ 3 support with four times more bandwidth than USB 3.1 to move rich media content and connect to two 4K displays with ease
– Intel® Optane™ memory support accelerates game launch and load