TCL is the second largest manufacturer of television but its entry in the domain of smartphones takes everyone by surprise. The arrival of TCL Pro 10 is the toughest competitor of iPhone SE among the mid-range smartphones to hit the market. With 6.47-inch full HD and AMOLED display, Snapdragon 665 processor, 128-GB storage expandable to 256GB, and 6GB of RAM, The TCL Pro 10 a devices, which has the potential to give iPhone SE a run for money?
However, the cutting edge features of TCL pro 10 and a price of $450 are the reasons that allow the device to compete with other budgeted smartphones in the market. Here are the reasons.
The 6.47-inch terrific display of TCL 10 Pro is a standout feature of the device where the live display of colours and adds vibrancy to the screen, which makes it easy for viewers to use it outdoors even when it is bright and sunny. Besides, the dedicated chip of the device amalgamates with a technology called Nxtvision to improve the quality of the video. While streaming HDR content from Netflix, you can note the difference in viewing with Nxtvision on. Although the speaker is loud, you can better watch a film with the 3.5mm jack.
Comparing TCL Pro 10 with iPhone SE
- When compared to the shopping 6.47-inch screen of TCL 10 Pro, the screen size of iPhone SE is 4.7 inches. Furthermore, the OLED screen is a good contender of the IPS LCD screen of iPhone SE.
- Both the modes contain ambient light sensor and proximity sensor.
- The all metal body of TCL 10 Pro and the glass coating can compete with the scratch-resistant glass and oleophobic coating of iPhone SE.
With four rear cameras and a 64-MP main shooter, a 5-MP macro shooter, a special lens for shooting videos in low light, and a 16-MP ultra-wide lens, the TCL 10 Pro can get good results when shooting with plenty of natural light. Furthermore, the 16-MP camera in the front can work fine with portraits and captures the details and colours of people and objects decently, although you cannot skip the accentuation of red. Except the video you capture during the day, the camera of TCL Pro 10 has nothing extraordinary to offer. Even though the iPhone SE does not have multiple cameras and comes with time-lapse video with continuous autofocus, both can compete in terms of the images and videos.
The following are the perks of TCL 10 Pro when you consider its performance.
- Functioning with Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 processor, 6-GB RAM, the TCL 10 performs fantastically while opening the apps and is just right for playing games that rely on intense graphics that require users to switch between various lenses of cameras.
- Although TCL 10 Pro can take longer to close the app sometimes, the custom launcher works on the device nicely.
- With Android 10 as the operating system of TCL 10 Pro and the company promising updates to Android 11 once every year, it can heighten the performance of the phone and take it ahead of its contender, iPhone SE.
- However, the 10 Pro does not offer the facility of wireless charging but comes with an in-display fingerprint sensor, which is an extravagant feature when comparing the mid-range Android phones.
The TCL 10 Pro packs inside a large 4500 mAh battery that allows the phone to run for ten hours even when the device loads web pages excessively and works on LTE network. Therefore, it is an hour less than the standard 11-hour. However, the iPhone SE can run for 9 hours and 15 minutes in an average, so you can decide the winner. Apart from this, the device includes a 18-watt charger that can empower the battery to 50% within thirty minutes or a little more, which is not a very high speed but way better than the other Android phones in the same price range.
The final take
With an affordable price a plethora of features, the TCL 10 Pro is worth your money. Although the device does not have a camera like iPhone SE or Google Pixel 3a, which makes it less desirable for gaming but it is a better choice in the mid-range category of Android devices.