System Overview & Testing Procedures
OCZ told us it was best to test the Vertex 3 on a P67 system so we will be testing it in our new P67 test machine. It is comprised of the following components.
Intel Core i5-2500K Processor
MSI P67A-GD55 Motherboard
8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme Division 2 DDR3-1866 Memory
Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 1GB Video Card
Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W power supply
Western Digital 1TB SATA 6GB/s hard drive
ASUS Blu-ray drive
Thermaltake FRIO CPU Cooler
Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced Case
Opening up CrystalDiskInfo we can see all the information about the drive. As you can see this drive does support TRIM as all new solid state drives do.
For testing the drive we will be using the following benchmarking programs, we have provided links to each so you can run the benchmarks as well.
– HDTune Pro (download)
– Sandra Physical Disks Benchmark (download)
– ATTO Disk Benchmark (download)
– CrystalDiskMark 64bit (download)
– AS SSD Benchmark (download)
– AIDA64 Disk Benchmark (download)
We also made these optimization changes…
– No power saving options in the BIOS
– ACHI enabled in the BIOS
– Windows 7 User Account Control (UAC) is disabled
– Windows 7 power saving settings are disabled
For comparison we will be testing the Vertex 3 drive against these other solid state drives.
Patriot Inferno 120GB (Review)
Corsair Force F120 120GB (Review)
OCZ Vertex 2 2.5-inch 120GB (Review)
Now on to testing!