One thing that I feel like gets overlooked these days are flash drives. Over the past couple of years we’ve really seem an increase in not only speed, but capacity of these drives. The flash drive we are taking a look at today is Patriot’s Supersonic Rage Prime which is a USB 3.2 Gen 2 flash drive. This drive not only will give you speeds of up to 600 MB/s but on top of that we have the 1TB version which is quite a lot of data to be able to hold on a tiny flash drive. Let’s jump in!
– USB 3.2 Gen. 2 Compliant (backwards compatible with USB 2.0 )
– Up to 600MB/s Read Speeds
– Plug and Play, driver free
– Durable housing protects from drops, spills, and daily abuse
– Retractable design protects USB connector when drive not in use
– Compatible with Windows® 10 Windows® 8, Windows® 7, Linux 2.4 and later, Mac® OSX 10.6 and later
The Supersonic Rage Prime come in a nice retail blister pack that you would find at a retail store. It lets us know the capacity as well as the speed. As I mentioned I have the 1TB version, but it is also available in 500GB and 250GB.
Flipping over to the back there is some more information on the drive and it tells us the drive is compatible with both Windows and Mac.
The Supersonic Rage Prime is quite a small drive, which makes it easy to throw in your pocket. The chassis is mainly made of plastic, which is pretty typical for flash drives.
The drive uses a retractable design which actually will protect the USB connector. Talking about the USB connection it is your typical USB-A port.