Read Dead Redemption 2 finally made its was to PC yesterday and it is pretty safe to say that the PC launch has been rocky to say the least. While some gamers have been able to play the game without any issues, they are definitely in the minority as a large number of players can’t even get the game to load up at all. Currently there are two main issues, one is where the Rockstar Games Launcher will crash when attempting to launch the game and the other is where the game will crash at the load up screen.
Then there are even those who are able to load up the game, but then they are experiencing permanent loading screens as well as graphical and audio glitches. Rockstar has already released a new update to the launcher, but according to reports it still has not fixed the issue for many users.
An update has been made to Rockstar Games Launcher. For release notes please see: https://t.co/hCyU63iRcc
— Rockstar Support (@RockstarSupport) November 5, 2019
Even with the update many users are still experiencing issues and getting the error message you see below.
How to Fit it
If you are still experiencing issues with Red Dead Redemption 2 here are some potential things you can do to fix the problem.
– Make sure your launcher is up to date
– Be sure to have your graphics card driver updated to the latest version
– Make sure Windows is updated to the latest version and that you don’t have any updates pending
– Disable any type of anti-virus software
– Add both the Rockstar Launcher and Red Dead Redemption 2 folders to your anti-virus exceptions list
– Run Red Dead Redemption 2 as administrator
Hopefully in the coming days Rockstar can get all of these issues fixed.