Thermaltake’s cases are usually quite flashy, but its power supplies have been traditionally pretty standard black boxes. There are a few which break this mold, and the Evo Blue series is one of them. ThinkComputers got its hands on the 75oW version for review. The Evo Blue features modular cables and color-changing LEDs in addition to great cooling and a more attractive design. The review is here.
Special thanks to Thermaltake for providing us with the EVO_Blue 750W Modular Power Supply to review.
Features and Specifications
– Oversized 14cm whisper-quiet ball bearing fan dramatically reduces overall PC noise, increase system thermal efficiency.
– Intelligent variable speed controlled fan automatically increases or decreases fan speed to adjust to different system loading.
– Modular cable sockets with blue LEDs backlight & five user-adjustable LED environmental lighting effects
– Active PFC (PF>0.9) reduces heat build-up and energy loss to promote a more stable and efficient power conversion.
– Robust and dedicated single +12V output provides superior performance under all types of system loading.
– Cable Management improves internal airflow by reducing cable clutter within PC to promote accelerated heat removal.
– Features dual 8-pin PCI-E & dual 6-pin PCI-E connectors to support latest Nvidia 2-way / 3-way SLI & AMD 2-way / 3-way CrossFire X technologies.
– Uncompromised compatibility with all current and future system setup with Intel ATX 12V 2.3 & SSI EPS 12V 2.91 standards compliance.
– Individually tested to guarantee rock-solid continuous operation at 50℃ environment.
– Industrial-grade safety protections: Over Power, Over Voltage, and Short-Circuit protections.
– TT5Years Warranty:Thermaltake quality 5-years parts and labor warranty.
– Safety / EMI Approvals: UL,TUV, CE, FCC,BSMI and GOST certified.
– DIMENSION:150mm(W) x 86mm(H) x 160mm(L).
The Evo Blue series comes in a black box with a mysteriously colored cloud-like background behind the visage of the device on the front of the box. Most prominently displayed is Thermaltake’s promise of a five year warranty on the Evo Blue, a guarantee well worth it.
The rear of the packaging shows the number of connectors, the ability to change the lighting colors, and many of the other high-quality features which make the Evo Blue stand out among its peers.
The Evo Blue 750W comes with some manuals, a power cable, a rubber vibration dampener, and a bag with the modular power cables.