The Seasonic X series is the Taiwanese OEM power supply establishment’s first commercial retail series to achieve 80PLUS Gold certification. This means that the unit is 87% efficient at 20%, 50%, and 100% load. It supports multiple video cards, and uses a patented system which supplies at a lower amperage the same power using a voltage regulation module. ThinkComputers has the review of the 650W version, a medium-wattage, modular unit.
Special thanks to Seasonic for providing us with the X Series 650W Modular Power Supply for review
Features and Specifications
From the manufacturer’s web site:
- 80PLUS® Gold Certified Super High Efficiency
- Patented DC Connector Module with Integrated VRM [Voltage Regulator Module]
- DC to DC Converter Design
- Patented Hybrid Silent Fan Control
- Sanyo Denki San Ace PWM Silent Fan
- Conductive Polymer Aluminum Solid Capacitors
- Highly Reliable 105℃ Japanese Brand Capacitors
- Tight Voltage Regulation [±3%]
- Active Power Factor Correction [99% PF Typical]
- Ample +12V Output
- Dual Sided PCB Layout
- Ultra Ventilation [Honeycomb Structure]
- Full Modular Cabling Design
- Multi-GPU Technologies Supported
- All-in-One DC Cabling Design
- Patented Easy Swap Connector
- Universal AC Input [Full Range]
- 5 Years Warranty
The Seasonic X series 650 W comes in a mostly black box with a sort of goldish wave coming from the lower right hand corner of the box. The 80PLUS gold logo is prominently displayed above the wattage, proudly showing that this is one of the most efficient power supplies in the industry.
The rear of the box tries to cram a lot of information in a small area. It’s rare to see a picture of the inside of a PSU, so it’s a welcome change. A diagram showing the differences between Seasonic’s patented DC connector module with VRM technology and traditional power supplies is perhaps the most interesting.
The packaging includes the PSU, a power cable, some documentation, screws, and a bag of modular cables.