In the realm of monitors ultra-wide displays a really popular for many reasons. For me an ultra-wide eliminates the need for more than one display. Basically I can have two windows open on the same display and it is just like having two separate monitors. Playing games on an ultra-wide is also very enjoyable as it feels much more immersive than a 16:9 display. Finally if you are a creator or visual artist having more screen real estate is a huge plus. I love stretching out the timeline in Adobe Premier across my entire screen! Today we are checking out a very affordable ultra-wide display in Viotek’s GN34C, which is a 34-inch curved display with a QHD resolution of 3440 X 1440p. Is this your next monitor? Read on as we find out!
Special thanks to Viotek for providing us with the GN34C 34-inch Curved 1440p Monitor to review.
- 100Hz UWQHD 21:9 – Pristine image quality on a 21:9 near-cinema widescreen display with 3440x1440p resolution – 2.5 times the resolution of a full HD monitor.
- Productivity Powerhouse – Use dual-input PIP/PBP functions to display two connected sources on a single screen. The feature-rich design excels as both gaming display and business monitor.
- Built Around You – Find your perfect view by adjusting the tilt of the GN34C to suit your viewing preference. Easily mount to a wall or compatible stand using the 75x75m VESA mounts. Use the 3.5mm audio jack to plug in the external speakers you already own.
- Game-Ready Features – For casual gamers and pro players alike. Smoother action through AMD FreeSync™; accurate shooting with GamePlus crosshairs; and enriched color settings from FPS/RTS optimization.
- Xbox One/PS4 Compatibility – Use as a console gaming monitor by connecting to HDMI 2.0, DVI, or DisplayPort. Take full advantage of the higher refresh on Xbox One consoles not possible with most televisions.
- Gold Standard Support – We don’t play with dead pixels. Neither will you. New LED monitors are protected by our 1-Year Limited Warranty and dead pixel zero-tolerance policy. Our support team is based solely in the U.S., available 7 days a week through live-chat, email and social media.
The Viotek GN34C comes in Viotek’s typical monitor packaging, which is not all that bad. On the front of the box it just lets us know which model we have. Flipping over to the back we have some details of the display and a picture of it.
Opening the box up we can see that our display is nicely protected inside. Getting everything out as far as what comes with the display we have a DisplayPort cable, power cable, screw driver, screws, bolts for VESA mounting, and a user’s manual.
Before we can plug the monitor in we actually need to install it on its stand. I would suggest leaving the display in one half of the Styrofoam packaging. Take off the piece that covers the rear of the monitor. You’ll notice at the center of the rear of the monitor is a button, press it to release the mounting part. Now take the stem part of the stand and attach it to this using the included screws.
The next thing to do is take the base section of the stand and attach it to the steam section, again with the included screws. With the stand fully assembled go ahead and plug it back into the rear of the monitor.