Zalman is well known for their vast array of quality cooling products and today, that’s no exception. Today we get to take a look at the Zalman CNPS9900 MAX CPU Cooler, which can come with either red or blue (we have) LEDs. Its circular design features a dual heatsink design with a centered 135mm ultra quiet fan. This goes along well with its black-pearl nickel plating all over the cooler. With this cooler keep up with the cooling quality of Zalman? Read on further to find out.
Powerful Cooling Performance [Qmax: 300W]
- Optimally designed pure copper fins effectively disperse heat away from the CPU via composite heatpipes, while the high capacity 135mm fan quickly cools the heatsink for stable operation of high performance CPUs.
Ultra Quiet 135mm Blue/Red LED Fan
- An ultra-quiet 135mm fan is incorporated for minimized noise. The Blue / Red LEDs heighten the cool aesthetics.
Black-Pearl Nickel Plating
- The entire copper heatsink of CNPS9900 MAX is ‘Black-Pearl’ Nickel Plated for long-term corrosion resistance, while the deep ‘Black-Pearl’ tone along with the high intensity Blue / Red LEDs reinforce its powerful aesthetics.
PWM Fan Speed Control
- The PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) Fan automatically adjusts fan speed (RPM) according to the CPU’s temperature, while the included Resistor Cable (RC7P) provides the option of reducing the input voltage for overall reduction of fan speed and noise.
High Performance Super Thermal Grease ZM-STG2
- The included all new high performance thermal grease ZM-STG2 maximizes heat transfer from the CPU to the base of CNPS9900 MAX for intensified cooling performance.
- CNPS9900 MAX accommodates a broad range of sockets.
Intel LGA1155 / 1156 / 1366 / 775
AMD AM3 / AM2+ / AM2
|Dimensions||94(L) x 131(W) x 152(H)mm|
|Materials||Pure Copper/Black-Pearl Nickel Plated|
|Fan Bearing||Long life bearing|
|Fan RPM||RC7P Connected||900 ~ 1,500 rpm ± 10%|
|RC7P Not Connected||900 ~ 1,700 rpm ± 10%|
|Noise||RC7P Connected||18 ~ 27 dBA ± 10%|
|RC7P Not Connected||18 ~ 30 dBA ± 10%|
|Temperature Stability||-40°C ~ +150°C (-40℉ ~ +302℉)|
The CNPS9900 MAX comes packaged in a standard retail box with a black and blue theme. The background of the box includes a close up view of the heatsink with curved text of product information overtop, presumably to show the shape of the heatsink. On the back of the packaging you’ll find more in depth information about the features of the cooler which is also paired up with pictures for a better understanding.
The cooler is packed in two pieces of formed plastic which can be easily removed and attached again. Also in the box you’ll find the necessary hardware parts for both an Intel and AMD installation as well as a User’s Manual to guide you along with the installation.