With Intel’s introduction of its second generation Core processors the main chipsets you have been hearing about and we have been covering are the P67, H67 and Z68. These chipsets are the mainstream and enthusiasts chipsets that give you everything you would ever want on a motherboard, but what if you are trying to save money? Or just build a simple machine? ASRock has you covered with the H61iCafe motherboard. This board is of course based on the Intel H61 Express Chipset. This board features USB 3.0 connectivity, Graphical UEFI BIOS, and support for Intel’s second generation processors. Let’s check it out!
Special thanks to ASRock for providing us with the H61iCafe Intel H61 Motherboard to review.
– 100% All Solid Capacitor design
– Supports Intel® K-Series CPU
– Supports Dual Channel DDR3 1333
– Supports Intel® HD Graphics 2000/3000
– Multi VGA Output options: D-Sub, DVI-D and HDMI
– 2 x USB 3.0, 2 x SATA3
– Supports XFast USB, AXTU, Graphical UEFI, Instant Boot, Instant Flash, APP Charger, SmartView
– Combo Cooler Option (C.C.O.)
The H61iCafe comes in a simple motherboard box. This one is a little different, instead of being covered with a ton of information all it has on the front is the H61iCafe logo. The back of the box is where you will find most of the information on the board.
Opening the box up everything is nicely packed inside. Getting it all out you have the H61iCafe motherboard, 2 SATA cables, I/O shield, quick installation guide, driver and software CD.