ASRock’s Phantom Gaming line has been a huge success for the company. The gaming-focused line has always had good looks, great features, and of course high quality components to handle top-end CPUs. Their Z390 Phantom Gaming X was actually our favorite Z390 board we reviewed! A new member to the Phantom Gaming line is the new Z490 PG Velocita, which “Velocita” translates to speed. This board is ready for Intel’s latest 10th generation processors with a heavy focus on VRM cooling, 12-phase power delivery system, 2.5 Gb/s LAN, of course RGB lighting, and the board is PCIe 4.0 ready for future Intel processors. Is this the board you need for your 10th generation Intel processor? Read on as we find out!
– Supports 10th Gen and future generation Intel® Core™ Processors (Socket 1200)
– 12 Phase Dr.MOS Power Design
– Supports DDR4 4666MHz+ (OC)
– 2 PCIe 3.0 x16, 3 PCIe 3.0 x1, 1 M.2 (Key E) for WiFi
– AMD Quad CrossFireX™ and CrossFireX™
– Graphics Output Options: HDMI, DisplayPort
– 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec), Nahimic Audio
– 8 SATA3, 2 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3)
– 2 USB 3.2 Gen2 (Rear Type A+C), 9 USB 3.2 Gen1 (4 Front, 4 Rear, Front Type-C)
– Phantom Gaming 2.5 Gigabit LAN, Intel® Gigabit LAN
– ASRock Polychrome SYNC
The ASRock Z490 PG Velocita comes in a very nice retail box, ASRock is still keeping their vertical orientation. On the front we have a large Phantom Gaming logo.
Flipping over to the back many of the features of the board are detailed. We have also have a full pictures of the board, rear I/O, and a list of specifications.
Getting everything out of the box as far as accessories go you have four SATA cables, a set of velcro ties, Phantom Gaming stickers, a Phantom Gaming post card, M.2 standoffs and screws, a software setup guide, quick start guide, and a driver and utility CD.