With Intel’s Comet Lake-S processors finally here you are going to need a shiny new Z490 motherboard to run them. Gigabyte’s AORUS Z490 line of gaming motherboard currently has nine Z490 boards available so it might be hard to choose which one is right for you. Today we will be taking a look at the Z490 AORUS Ultra, which sits pretty much in the middle of the pack and have quite a lot of features for both gamers and enthusiasts. You are going to get a 12 phase digital VRM with some very impressive cooling, three M.2 slots, 2.5G LAN as well as WiFi 6, a very sleek design, and so much more! Let’s jump in and see what this board is all about!
– Supports 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Series Processors
– Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
– Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
– Direct 12 Phase Digital VRM Solution with 55A DrMOS
– Shielded Memory Routing for Better Memory Overclocking
– NanoCarbon Fins-Array II Heatsink and Direct Touch Heatpipe II
– Onboard Intel® WiFi 6 802.11ax 2T2R & BT5 with AORUS Antenna
– AMP-UP Audio with ALC1220-VB and WIMA for Rear 120dB SNR
– Blazing Fast Intel® 2.5GbE LAN with cFosSpeed
– Triple Ultra-Fast NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2 with Thermal Guards II
– RGB FUSION 2.0 with Multi-Zone Addressable LED Light Show Design, Support Addressable LED & RGB LED Strips
– Smart Fan 5 Features Multiple Temperature Sensors , Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP and Noise Detection
– Q-Flash Plus Update BIOS without Installing the CPU, Memory and Graphics Card
The Z490 AORUS Ultra comes in Gigabyte’s typical retail packaging. On the front we have a large AORUS logo and it lets us know the board features the Z490 chipset and supports Intel’s 10th generation Core processors.
Flipping the box over to the back we have a full list of specifications, rear I/O ports, and many of the features are detailed.
As far as accessories go the board comes with four SATA cables, two temperature probes, two RGB extension cables, the G-connector, WiFi Antenna, a set of AORUS stickers, an AORUS case badge, driver and software CD, and a user’s guide.