When you find a mouse that works well and feels right, you tend to stick with that mouse. At least for me, the longer I use a mouse, the less likely I am to ever stop using it. For me, that mouse is the G502. However, when I first got my hands on the Master Mouse MM831 from Cooler Master, I thought that this may be the mouse to replace my G502. The Cooler Master MM831 is a hybrid wireless mouse with Qi-Charging capability. With the ability to run on Bluetooth, 2.4 GHz wireless, and through USB Type-C, the MM831 is an extremely versatile mouse. But the actual feel of a mouse can make or break the experience when using it, regardless of the feature set or software. Overall, the Cooler Master MM831 looks like a very well designed mouse. But, can it stand up to upwards of 8-10 hours a day of regular use? But more importantly, is it comfortable to use? We are going to answer these questions and more throughout his review. So, let’s get into it.
Special thanks to Cooler Master for providing the Master Mouse MM831 to review.
- Product Number: MM-831-KKOH1
- Grip Type: Palm / Claw
- Material: PBT/ABS Plastic
- Color: Black
- LED Color: 16.7 Million RGB
- Sensor: Pixart PAW 3335
- CPI / DPI: 400-1200(default)-4000-16,00032,000
- Tracking Speed: 400 ips
- Lift Off Distance: < ~2mm / Adjustable
- Polling Rate
- 2.4G/Wire Mode: 125 / 250 / 500 / 1000 Hz (AP switch)
- BT mode: 125 Hz
- Angle Snapping: 10 Levels Adjustable (AP switch)
- Mouse acceleration: 40g
- Processor: 32 bit ARM Cortex M0 64Pin
- On-board Memory: 4MB
- Switches, Lifespan OMRON: 20 million
- Programmable buttons: 6
- BT 4.2
- Battery Capacity: 800mAh
- Wieless Charging: Follow Qi 1.2 Standard
- Bluetooth： Win8/8.1，Win10
- 2.4GHz/Wired：Win7, Win8/8.1, Win10
- Connector: Gold-plated Detachable Type-C to Type-A
- Cable Length: Braided Cable , 1.8 Meters Dimensions (mm/inch) 128.1 × 67.4 × 43.4 mm 5.043” × 2.654” × 1.709”
WeightMouse: 123g / 0.271lbs (w/o Dongle & USB Cable) Dongle: 2g / 0.004lbs Cable: 30g / 0.066lbs
- Warranty: 2 years
The front of the packaging for the Master Mouse MM831 has the Cooler Master “Make It Yours” logo printed on the top left-hand. To the right, there are several icons that represent a few of the key features of the MM831 such as RGB lighting, 32.000 DPI. Qi Wireless charging and Hybrid Wireless technology. In the center of the box is an image of the Master Mouse MM831 with the RGB lighting illuminated. The MM831 branding is just below the image of the mouse with another list of features. This time the features include 2.4 GHz and Bluetooth Wireless.
On the backside of the packaging, you again see the Cooler Master “Make It Yours” logo to the left and the MM831 branding to the right. Below that there is a side view image of the MM831 with brief descriptions of a few of the features of the mouse such as its gaming-grade sensor and Qi Wireless charging.,
The Cooler Master Master Mouse MM831 comes packed with a quick start user guide and a 1.8 meter braided USB Type-A to Type-C cable. Now, let’s get into this mouse as there is a lot to discuss.