Earlier this year ASRock introduced their new LiveMixer series of motherboards. These motherboards were really unique as they featured a very cool graffiti-like design and were aimed at podcasters, livestreamers, and content creators. We first took a look at the B650 LiveMixer on the AMD side and now we are checking out the Z790 LiveMixer on the Intel side. The Z790 LiveMixer features a 14+1+1 power phase design, DDR5 memory support up to 7200 MHz, PCI-Express 5.0 on graphics and storage, 14 USB ports on the rear I/O, and a very cool graffiti design, this time in purple! Is this a board you should build you Intel system around? Read on as we find out!
– Supports 13th Gen & 12th Gen and next gen Intel® Core™ Processors
– 14+1+1 Phase Power Design, SPS for VCore+GT
– 4 x DDR5 DIMMs, supports up to 7200+(OC)
– 1 PCIe 5.0 x16, 2 PCIe 4.0 x16, 1 PCIe 3.0 x1, 1 M.2 Key-E for WiFi
– Graphics Output Options: 1 HDMI, 1 DisplayPort, eDP
– 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC897 Audio Codec), Nahimic Audio
– 1 Blazing M.2 (PCIe Gen5x4), 4 Hyper M.2 (PCIe Gen4x4), 4 SATA3
– 1 USB 3.2 Gen2x2 Type-C (Front), 2 USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C (Rear), 2 USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-A (Rear), 8 USB 3.2 Gen1 (4 Rear, 4 Front), 10 USB 2.0 (6 Rear, 4 Front)
– Realtek 2.5G LAN
The retail box for the board really stands out as it says “LiveMixer” really large in graffiti style. Compared to other motherboard boxes this one is definitely going to catch your attention at the store.
Flipping the box over to the back many of the features of the board are detailed and we have a full list of specifications and I/O overview.
Getting everything out of the box, as far as accessories go you have two ASRock Velcro straps, two SATA cables, an ASRock case badge, mounting screws for M.2 devices, and a user’s guide.