As NVMe solid state drives keep on getting faster it seems we are upgrading the drives in our systems every couple of years. What do you do with an old drive? You could sell it, give it to a friend, or you could repurpose it to an external solid state drive. This is where Patriot comes in with their Viper VXD which is a portable M.2 solid state drive enclosure that makes use of a USB 3.2 gen 2 USB connection for fast speeds! This cool little product allows you to install the M.2 solid state drive of your choice and have a great portable drive that you can use for games, video editing, and more!
– Sleek and stylish design with RGB lighting
– Built-in enhanced aluminum heat dissipation design, keeping your SSD 30%~40% cooler
– Multiple platform support
– Supports multiple M.2 SSD sizes, 2230 / 2242 / 2260 / 2280
– Supports USB 3.2 Gen2
– SEQ read and SEQ write performance up to 1000 MB/s
– Supports Capacity from 120GB up to 2TB
– Dual- connectors USB-C to C and USB-C to A cables included
The Viper VXD comes in a nice retail package. On the front there is a picture of the enclosure and it lets us know some of the main features. Flipping over to the back that features are listed in a handful of different languages.
Getting everything out of the box we have the VXD enclosure, USB-C cable (which has a USB-A adapter), a screw driver, extra screws, a metal heatspreader and thermal pads.