When AMD launched their Ryzen 3000 series processors we took a look at boards from pretty much everyone except ASUS, today we are taking a look at our first! We’ve always been fans of ASUS’s PRIME series of motherboards. They always seem to give you just what you need without all of the extra things that you just won’t use. By doing this they are able to keep the price of the boards pretty reasonable as well. Another thing that is great to see is many high-end features from their ROG and Strix lines have made their way down to the PRIME boards. The ASUS PRIME X570-PRO features dual M.2 PCIe 4.0 slots, USB 3.2 connectivity, a 6-layer PCB, dual metal-shielded PCIe 4.0 slots, an attached I/O shield, RGB lighting, and much more! Is this the X570 board you need for your Ryzen 3000 series build? Read on to find out…
Special thanks to ASUS for providing us with the PRIME X570-PRO Motherboard to review.
– Enhanced power solution: Premium components better power efficiency
– 5-Way Optimization: One-click, system-wide tuning delivers optimized overclocks and intelligent cooling for CPU or GPU-intensive tasks
– Industry-leading cooling options: Comprehensive controls for fans and dual pump headers, via Fan Xpert 4 or the acclaimed UEFI
– ASUS OptiMem: Careful routing of traces and vias to preserve signal integrity for improved memory overclocking
– Next-gen connectivity: Supreme flexibility with PCIe Gen 4 support, dual M.2 support, USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports and front-panel header
– M.2 heatsink: Ultra-efficient heatsink reduces M.2 SSD temperature for unthrottled transfer speeds and enhanced reliability
– Aura Sync RGB: Synchronize LED lighting with a vast portfolio of compatible PC gear, including next-gen addressable RGB strips
The PRIME X570-PRO comes in ASUS’s typical packaging for their PRIME series. There is a picture of the drive on the front of the box and it lets us know that the board is of course ASUS Aura Sync compatible. Flipping over to the back there is an overview of the board where many of the features are detailed.
As far as accessories that come with the board you have 2 SATA cables, RGB extension cables, screws from the M.2 slots, the Q-connector, driver and utility CD, and a user’s guide.