Back in 2012 I was sick of sitting down all day and decided to build myself my own standing desk. While it worked pretty well it was not exactly high enough, and I could not adjust it up or down. This eventually led me to get a tall stool which I ended up sitting on more often than actually standing. So when Autonomous asked me if I wanted to check out their Smart Desk 2 I was quite excited. Autonomous says the Smart Desk 2 is the most affordable high-quality standing desk, period. Prices start at a very modest $299 for the base model and go up from there. Can the Smart Desk 2 become my new favorite desk or will I go back to the one I was using? Read on as we find out!
– The most affordable high-quality standing desk, period.
– #1 rated in the world.
– Unparalleled performance with an advanced Electric Motor System.
– Smart Keypad that remembers your perfect sitting and standing heights.
– Silent in motion with advanced Noise Cancellation Engineering – sound level at only 39 dB during movement.
– The most energy efficient sit-to-stand frame – only 0.06 watt standby power consumption.
My Configured Smart Desk 2
Autonomous gave me the option to configure my own Smart Desk 2. I decided to go with the Bamboo Surface material, 53″ x 30″ Ergonomic surface design, black platform color, and the Business Edition, which comes with a dual-motor, 24″ – 51″ sit-to-stand, 300 lbs capacity, and a 5-year warranty. This configuration brings our desk price to $549.
The SmartDesk 2 will come to you in two parts. You’ll get the surface (tabletop) in one box, and then the frame and the rest of the parts in another box.
Opening the box that has the frame in it you have 5 main parts, which makes us think that assembly won’t be all that difficult.