iBUYPOWER has the basic consumer and gaming markets down, so what’s next? The professional user. Launching late Q1 2011, iBUYPOWER’s goal for the Professional Series is performance, reliability and minimal noise. The Professional Series will feature Core i7 CPUs and workstation graphic cards. Also, it will come in the fancy, new, ultra-sleek, NZXT H2 case. The H2 case is set to launch late Q1 2011 too, and is so secretive that we were given a strict no pictures or video policy. Therefore, like the 1930’s, before everyone had a TV and internet, words will have to suffice.
- All black, sleeked out case. No visible air holes, fans, etc. Think of it as the Stealth Bomber of computer cases.
- Superior air flow from large air ducts on the bottom (non-visible).
- Foam dampened to reduce vibration and other noise.
- USB 3.0 and hot-swappable HDD’s.
- Easy to remove fans. The fans behind the front door of the case easily pop in and pop out. Each fan sits in a simple enclosure that magnetically snaps to the case. The back of the enclosure has some contacts for power, and the enclosure has an easy pull out dust filter. So, you can clean the dust filter without taking the fan out of the enclosure. Also, you can put any 120mm fan in the enclosure you want, as long as it has a 3-pin plug.
- 3 step fan speed control (40%, 70%, 100%).
- Top of the case has a magnetic fan cover. You can place a 140mm fan on top, or, leave it empty. Either way, the magnetic fan cover stealthily sits on top and is slightly raised to allow air flow.
- Features NZXT’s new USB Bunker. The USB Bunker features 4 USB ports, has a metal-mesh door, and a lock and key. It’s designed to secure your USB drives while you’re away or on the go. With the door closed, there’s enough clearance for your standard thumb drive to fit, so you can always have your sensitive data physically locked down while you work. Or, if you frequently attend LAN parties, you might’ve had a few thumbsticks snatched. This would stop those thieves in their tracks! The NZXT USB Bunker is available now and a picture of it is below.
Before the Chimera XLC, iBUYPOWER had two signature lines, the Chimera and the XLC. The Chimera line featured fancy painted designs and the XLC featured water cooling with a 240mm radiator. If you were looking to get a new computer and liked both features, it’d be a tough decision, the case or the water cooling. However, iBUYPOWER has combined both of their signature lines into one convenient package called the Chimera XLC. The water cooling setup in the Chimera XLC is self-contained, requires no maintenance whatsoever, just take the system out of the box, plug it in, turn it on and you’re good to go!
Before everyone gets too excited, let’s start with a story.
In Greek mythology, Erebus is the son of the god Chaos. Erebus is thought to be part of the underworld, so his name means deep darkness or shadow. This was the basis behind iBUYPOWER’s naming scheme. The case Erebus is big, dark, and casts a shadow on all competition. Also, inside is pure chaos. There’s 10x120mm radiators, that’s right, 10! Currently Erebus is overclocked to 4.4GHz, and even under full load, it won’t break 60C. If you haven’t already guessed, Erebus features fully custom liquid cooling, with a completely original and exclusive ground up design by iBUYPOWER. There are six hard drive bays, each is nicely spaced out for optimum cooling, and four 5.25” bays, although one is permanently in use by the reservoir. The top of the case features clear fins so you can see the quad radiators on top, and there’s also a quick fill port so you don’t have to take anything apart to add more water. Similar to the top, the front has a wide grill so you can see the dual radiators hanging out there. Erebus also features advanced pro wiring, so you’ll have an absolutely clean install. And, NZXT Sleeved Lighting (check out our review here) which nicely fits around the inside of the case to illuminate the beast that is Erebus. Finally, you can get your hands on Erebus as soon as February 2011! Enough talking, check out the pics and vids!