Eurocom is bringing forth the Mobile Server Supercomputer-class laptop which is going to be the world first of its kind; a 12 core / 24 thread Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 based 12lbs (5.5kg) laptop. The all new EUROCOM Panther 5SE is going to benefit from the Xeon technology by Intel which makes the laptop perfect for enterprise use providing a higher performance and long term scalability along with energy efficiency. This is once again an innovative approach by Eurocom and it sure did deserve the 2013 Intel Form Factor Solution Innovation Award.
The Intel Xeon processor E5-26xx v2 has been equipped with the intelligent 22 nm silicon technology which provides energy efficiency and has the ability to push up the performance to up to 50 percent if compared with the previous generations. Since the Panther 5SE has been introduced with having the Mobile capability and has its own built in battery, the question of energy efficiency is the most crucial.
The EUROCOM Panther 5SE can be deployed right out of the box and there is also no need for a separate server room. The system can be hand carried and hence is easy to relocate. The system doesn’t require anything else and is rightly tagged as the ‘all in one’. It comes equipped with a built in keyboard, touchpad, display and its own power supply. The Panther 5SE ensures that “on-the-go”, “rapid server deployment” or “Ad Hoc” is not a problem at all and this is supported by the mobile server.
Considering the growing data storage and higher memory needs, the system works with a quad channel memory which supports the DDR3 1600 MHz RAM of 32 GB. This has been housed via four 8 GB SODIMM 204 pin modules. The system also extends support for solid State, hybrid and the enterprise level drives and alongside this it also supports the four internal 1.5 terabyte storage drives which totals up to 6 TB.
The EUROCOM Panther 5SE specifications:
– Processor: Socket based LGA2011; Intel E5-2600 and E5-2600 v2 series
– Memory: up to 32 GB ; 4 physical memory slots; DDR3-1600
– Storage: up to 6 TB; 4 physical HDD/SSD in RAID 0/1/5/10
– LAN: on board; 2nd single/dual or quad LAN ports or Fiber available via Expresscard 34/54 slot
– Operating System: Red Hat 6.4 Enterprise Server; Microsoft Server2008R2 and 2012; VMware; Linux
– Battery/UPS: 1 hour battery
– Dimensions: W x D x H = 16.48 x 11.25 x 2.2-2.4 inches (or 419 x 286 x 57.9~62.1 mm)
– Weight: 5.5 kg or 12.1 lbs
– All-in-one (built in display, keyboard, UPS, battery)
– Energy Efficient: Low energy consumption under 220 Watts
Source: Eurocom | News Archive