AMD’s Radeon RX 5600 XT is finally here! After being announced back on January 6th at CES 2020 we finally have this card in to review to see what it is really about! The card is set to slot between AMD’s own RX 5700 series and RX 5600 XT graphics cards. It will compete with the likes of NVIDIA’s $230 GTX 1660 Super and recently reduced RTX 2060. This card is based on AMD’s Navi 10 XLE silicon with 36 compute units, 2304 stream processors, 144 TMUs, and 64 ROPs. The card we are taking a look at today is MSI’s Radeon RX 5600 XT Gaming X, which currently sits as MSI’s top RX 5600 XT model. It features a boost clock up to 1750 MHz, game clock up to 1615 MHz, MSI’s Twin Frozr 7 thermal design, a full-cover metal backplate, RGB lighting and much more!
Features at a Glance
- Boost Clock / Game Clock* / Base Clock / Memory Speed
Up to 1620 MHz / Up to 1460 MHz / 1235 MHz / 12Gbps
- 6GB GDDR6
- DisplayPort x 3 (v1.4) / HDMI 2.0b x 1
TORX FAN 3.0: Supremely silent
- Dispersion fan blade: Steeper curved blade accelerating the airflow.
- Traditional fan blade: Provides steady airflow to massive heat sink below.
RGB Mystic Light
- Customize colors and LED effects with exclusive MSI software and synchronize the look & feel with other components.
Afterburner Overclocking Utility
- Wireless control through Android/iOS devices.
- Predator: In-game video recording.
- A consolidated platform that offers all software including MYSTIC LIGHT functionality for your MSI Gaming product.
The MSI Radeon RX 5600 XT Gaming X comes in a nice retail box. MSI has changed their box design to vertical, but on the front we still have a picture of the card and it lets us know features of the RX 5600 XT as well as letting us know our card features MSI’s Twin Frozr 7 cooling design.
Flipping over to the back many of the card’s features are detailed, we also have a list of specifications.
Opening the box up and getting everything out we have the MSI Radeon RX 5600 XT Gaming X Graphics Card, a hardware and software installation guide, quick users guide, and a registration card.