AMD really has a well-segmented graphics card offering. Their 1440p card is the RX 5700 XT, their 1080P card is the RX 5600 XT, and their esports card is the RX 5500 XT. This segmenting makes it really easy for gamers to pick the card the suits their needs. Today we are taking a look at one of the better RX 5500 XT’s out there, the MSI Radeon RX 5500 XT Gaming X. This card features a factory overclock, MSI’s Twin Frozr thermal design, a sleek new design, and even some RGB lighting. If you are looking for an RX 5500 XT this card should definitely be at the top of your list.
Core / Memory
- Boost Clock / Game Clock* / Base Clock / Memory Speed
Up to 1845 MHz / Up to 1737 MHz / 1685 MHz / 14Gbps
- 8GB GDDR6
- DisplayPort x 3 (v1.4) / HDMI 2.0b x 1
TORX FAN 3.0: Supremely silent
- Dispersion fan blade: Steeper curved blade accelerating the airflow.
- Traditional fan blade: Provides steady airflow to massive heat sink below.
RGB Mystic Light
- Customize colors and LED effects with exclusive MSI software and synchronize the look & feel with other components.
Afterburner Overclocking Utility
- Wireless control through Android / iOS devices.
- Predator: In-game video recording.
- A consolidated platform that offers all software including MYSTIC LIGHT functionality for your MSI Gaming product.
The MSI Radeon RX 5500 XT Gaming X comes in MSI’s typical retail packaging. On the front there is a picture of the card and it lets us know some of the main features of the card. Flipping over to the back many of the features are detailed and there is a list of specifications as well.
Getting everything out of the box we have the graphics card, a hardware and software installation guide, a product registration card, and a quick user’s guide.