Today we get the opportunity to see a remake of a classic and well known CPU cooler. The Thermaltake Frio, which we reviewed over a year ago, now has a successor, the Frio OCK. With a revamped dual fan design and sleeker looks, it’s sure to be a hit. The Frio OCK comes equipped with dual 130mm fans, six 6mm copper heatpipes, and a Starcraft II design. Read on further to see what else is this successor has going for it.
Special thanks to Thermaltake for providing us with the Frio OCK CPU Cooler to review.
- Ultimate Overclocking Thermal Structure Design, support up to 240W.
- Dual tower heat-sink with 0.4mm aluminum fins provide large surface for heat dissipation.
- 6 x Ø6 mm-U-shape copper heat pipes for accelerated heat conduction.
- Tower side flow design efficiently optimizes cooling performance.
- Premium thermal grease maximizes heat transfer from the CPU into the cooler copper base for rapid dissipation
- Integrated Module for Dual 130mm VR™ OC Fan and the dazzling Cover.
- Single VR control knob adjusts fan speed from 1200~2100rpm.
- Overclocking efficiency with Starcraft II design.
- Convenient and Tool-less design for dismantle and install the fan module.
- Universal Socket Compatibility & Accessory Package.
- All-in-one back-plate design, support all Intel and AMD platform
- Universal socket support :
Intel: LGA1366, LGA1155, LGA1156, LGA775
AMD: AM3, AM2+, AM2
|Compatibility||Intel® Latest Sandy Bridge & 6-Core Processors
Intel® Core i7 Extreme (Socket LGA1366)
Intel® Core i7 (Socket LGA1366 & LGA1155/1156)
Intel® Core i5 / i3 (Socket LGA1155/1156)
Intel® Core 2 Extreme / Quad / Duo (Socket LGA775)
Intel® Pentium & D / 4 (Socket LGA775)
Intel® Celeron & D (Socket LGA775)AMD® Latest Llano & 6-Core Processors
AMD® Llano Processors (Socket FM1)
AMD® Phenom II X6 / X4 / X3 / X2 (Socket AM3/AM2+)
AMD® Phenom X4 / X3 (Socket AM3/AM2+)
AMD® Athlon II X4 / X3 / X2 (Socket AM3)
AMD® Athlon 64 & FX / X2 (Socket AM2/939)
AMD® Sempron (Socket AM2/939/754)
* Supports All CPUs up to 240W TDP
|Heatsink Dimension||143(L) x 136.8(W) x 158.4(H) mm
(with 2 Fans)
|Heatsink Material||Aluminum Fins
Aluminum & Copper Base
|Fan Dimension||130(L) x 130(H) x 25(W) mm|
|Fan Speed||1,200 ~ 2,100 RPM|
|Noise Level||21 ~ 48 dBA|
|Max. Air Flow||121 CFM|
|Max. Air Pressure||3.12 mmH2O|
|Power Connector||3 Pin|
|Rated Voltage||12 V|
|Started Voltage||7 V|
|Rated Current||1.2 A|
|Power Input||14.4 W|
|MTBF||50,000 Hrs @ 40℃|
|Weight||1093 g (with 2 Fans)|
The Frio OCK comes in a very colorful package, which has a spacey feel. The background of the front is what appears to be a view of the earth with the space behind it and a picture of the Frio OCK in the foreground. The packaging follows the typical design and packaging material that all Thermaltake CPU coolers come in; a fancy front, informative back both in black, with other sides being white and the topmost having the product name.
The cooler comes well protected and packed inside of the box, which also includes the user’s manual and nicely organized accessory package.