External hard drives are still used quite often, I actually have 4 external hard drives hooked up to my main machine right now. External hard drives are very popular because they are easy to install (just plug them in) and make it so you can transfer files between 2 machines with ease. Today we will be taking a look at a 1TB drive from Verbatim. This USB drive would be a perfect addition to anyone’s desktop system and can even be used with a laptop. Let’s take a look! Special thanks to Geeks.com for providing us with the Verbatim SmarkDisk Crossfire 1TB USB External Hard Drive to review. Geeks.com is a great place to find External Hard Drives.
– Silver color with navy blue accents
– USB 2.0 interface (backwards compatible with USB 1.1)
– 1 Terabyte (1 TB) storage capacity
– Up to 480 Mbps data transfer rates
– 7200 RPM rotational speed
– USB 2.0 cable included
– Requires AC adapter, included
– Excellent for synchronizing data between desktop and notebook computers
– Preserve your photos, music, or video with CMS BounceBack Express backup software
– PC and Mac compatible
– Stand included
– Input: 100-120V, 50/60Hz, 1A Max.
– Output: 5Vdc, 2A, 12Vdc, 2A
– 1.75 x 5.2 x 8.4-inches (H x W x D, approximate)
We received the drive directly from Geeks.com so I came nicely packed. The drive itself comes in a nice retail box with a picture of the drive on the front and a list of features on the back.
Opening the box up everything is nicely packed inside. Getting everything out you have the SmartDisk drive, stand, AC adapter, power cable, USB cable, and user’s guide.