Project Name: APASF (“A Post-Alpocalyptic Steampunk Future”)
Tell us a little about your case / case mod?
APASF was born out an idea of mixing the well established Steampunk design with the post-apocalyptic style. The idea has been in my head for the last 5-6 years but I wanted to wait until I developed my paint effect skills to a point where I knew I could replicate to perfection the idea I had in my head. The secondary concept factor was to give it a “modular” look like the Thermaltake BMW case had (the original limited stupidly expensive one, not the current one) so that´s why I used a slim HTPC as a base so I could have parts literally coming popping out of the case.
– B-Move Slim II
– ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/GENE3
– Intel i7 2700K
– 2x ASUS nVidia GTX560 Ti Top DirectCU
– 16Gb of Kingston DDR3 1866 HyperX RAM
– 2x Kingston Hyperx SSD 240Gb in RAID 0
– Seagate Barracuda 750Gb SATA2
– EK CPU Blok
– 2x Alphacool Slim raditors
– EK Pump
– Fully passive copper piping/cooling system.
List of Custom Modifications
– This is just impossible to give really, while technically the project is a “casemod”, it´s closer to a scratchbuild and there´s pretty much nothing that hasn´t been modded or customized in one way or another.
Builder: Luciel Campbell
Build Log: ThinkComputers Forums
Do you want your mod to be featured on Case Mod Friday? Submit it here: http://thinkcomputers.wpengine.com/case-mod-friday-submission/