Testing – Anvil & PCMark Vantage
The next test is Anvil Storage Utilities, which is a really great piece of software. The SSD benchmark gives you scores for both read and write as well as a combined score. Our first result is running the benchmark with random data (the default setting).
We run the threaded I/O test with the queue depth set to 32 to test IOPS for both read and write.
Our final test is the PCMark Vantage x64 HDD Suite. There are a total of 8 tests in this suite which give you the data speed in MB/s after each test. The tests are as follows:
– Windows Defender In Use
– Streaming Data from storage in games such as Alan Wake which allows for massive worlds and riveting non-stop action
– Importing digital photos into Windows Photo Gallery
– Starting the Vista Operating System
– Home Video editing with Movie Maker which can be very time consuming
– Media Center which can handle video recording, time shifting and streaming from Windows media center to an extender such as XBOX
– Cataloging a music library
– Starting applications
Well its looks like PCMark did not like the drive very much. The drive scored about the same we see for all other solid state drives.