The Ryzen 3000 series is here and that means we have brand new X570 motherboards! I think X570 is where you are really going to see AMD motherboards be on par or even better than their Intel counterparts. This is a huge launch not only for AMD but for all of the motherboard manufacturers as well. The first board that we’ve got our hands on is the Gigabyte X570 AORUS Master, which sits 2nd Gigabyte’s X570 product stack. This board is loaded with features which include a 14 phase VRM, triple PCI-Express 4.0 M.2 slots with heatsinks, 802.11ax WiFi, 2.5 Gigabit LAN, USB 3.1 gen 2, and of course some RGB lighting in there. Is this the board you need for your brand new AMD Ryzen 3000 series processor? Read on to find out…
Special thanks to Gigabyte for providing us with the X570 AORUS Master Motherboard to review!
- Supports AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen™/ 2nd Gen Ryzen™/ 2nd Gen Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics/ Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Processors
- Dual Channel ECC/ Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Direct 14 Phases Infineon Digital VRM Solution with PowIRstage
- Advanced Thermal Design with Fins-Array Heatsink and Direct Touch Heatpipe
- Triple Ultra-Fast NVMe PCIe 4.0/3.0 x4 M.2 with Triple Thermal Guards
- Intel® WiFi 6 802.11ax 2T2R & BT 5
- Rear 125dB SNR AMP-UP Audio with ALC1220-VB & ESS SABRE 9118 DAC with WIMA Audio Capacitors
- Realtek® 2.5GbE + Intel® Gigabit LAN with cFosSpeed
- USB TurboCharger for Mobile Device Fast Charge Support
- RGB FUSION 2.0 with Multi-Zone Addressable LED Light Show Design, Supports Addressable LED & RGB LED Strips
- Smart Fan 5 Features Multiple Temperature Sensors, Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP and Noise Detection
- Front & Rear USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C™ Headers
- Integrated Base Plate & I/O Shield Armor
- Q-Flash Plus Update BIOS Without Installing CPU, Memory and Graphics Card
The Gigabyte X570 AORUS Master motherboard comes in the typical AORUS packaging we are used to seeing. On the front there is a large AORUS logo and it lets us know that it is AMD Ryzen 3000 Desktop Ready.
Flipping over to the back some of the main features of the board are detailed we also get a run-down of rear I/O ports and a list of specifications.
Getting everything out of the box as far as accessories go you have four SATA cables, two temperature probes, two RGB extension cables, the G-connector, WiFi Antenna, two AORUS velcro straps, a set of AORUS stickers, an AORUS case badge, driver and software CD, and a user’s guide.