System Overview and Testing Procedures
Going over our Intel X99 system it is made up of the following components.
Processor: Intel Core i7-5960X
Video Card: MSI GTX 770 Gaming
Motherboard: EVGA X99 Micro
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY DDR4-2400 32GB
Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K
Power: Corsair AX860i
Cooling: Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme
Case: HighSpeed PC Top Deck Tech Station
For testing we will run the memory at its stock or XMP profile settings using the below benchmarking software. We will then run the tests again at our overclock of 3000 MHz. Below is a list of benchmarking software that we use.
– SiSoftware Sandra Memory Bandwidth Benchmark
– SiSoftware Sandra Cache & Memory Latency Benchmark
– SiSoftware Cache Bandwidth Benchmark
– AIDA64 Cache & Memory Benchmark
– Cinebench R15 Multi-threaded test
– 3DMark Fire Strike Physics test
Now let’s get to testing!