With the launch of Intel’s 8th Generation desktop processors last week and the need for a new chipset (Intel Z370) we have a slew of new motherboards on the block. ASUS has quite a few different Z370 motherboards available right now, from their higher-end Republic of Gamers (ROG) brand to their more affordable Prime series. I am actually a huge fan of the Prime Series. It gives you all of the great features you expect on a motherboard, without many of the extras that cost more and you simply don’t make use of. Today we are taking a look a the new ASUS Prime Z370-A Motherboard. This ATX motherboard has great features including dual M.2 slots, USB 3.1 Gen 2, 2-way SLI and 3-way CrossFire support, and even some cool RGB LEDs. You are going to get all of this for $174.99. Add an affordable “Coffee Lake” processor and you have the makings of a pretty awesome system. Let’s dive in and see what this motherboard is all about.
– Designed exclusively for 8th generation Intel® Core™ processors to maximize connectivity and speed with Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Gen2, Intel® Thunderbolt 3 support and Intel® Optane™ Memory compatibility
– 5-Way Optimization with Auto-Tuning and FanXpert 4 automatically tailors overclocking profiles to your unique build for maximum OC performance and dynamic system cooling
– Unmatched Personalization with ASUS exclusive AURA Sync RGB lighting, additional RGB header and 3D-printing mounts
– Two Patent-pending SafeSlots feature an injection molding process that integrates metal framing for a stronger, firmly anchored PCIe slot built for heavyweight GPUs
– Industry-leading 8-channel HD audio enhanced by ASUS exclusive Realtek S1220A featuring Crystal Sound 3 and driven by Japanese capacitors for warm, immersive sound
The Prime Z370-A Motherboard comes in a very nice retail box. On the front there is a large photo of the motherboard and many emblems representing different features. The biggest emblem happens to be for ASUS’s Aura Sync, so yes we have RGB LEDs on this board.
Flipping over to the back there is a lot of information. First many of the main features are detailed on the right. On the left there is another shot of the motherboard giving you a run-down of different sections of the board as well as the rear I/O.
Getting everything out of the box we of course have the Prime Z370-A Motherboard as well as three SATA cables, I/O shield, CPU installation tool, 2-way SLI HB bridge, Q-connector, screws for M.2 drives, driver and installation DVD, user’s guide, and a 20% off code for CableMod cables.