In Gigabyte’s AORUS line of Z390 motherboards there are actually eight total. Sitting right in the middle is the Z390 AORUS Ultra, which offers pretty every feature you would want in a Z390 motherboard, but also some nice extras. First you have that signature AORUS design with RGB lighting in multiple places on the board plus RGB headers. Then there is a 12+1 power phase design with some pretty beefy VRM cooling as well as three integrated M.2 heatsinks. Finally you have 802.11ac 2×2 WiFi and Bluetooth 5.0, USB 3.1 gen 2 support, an integrated I/O shield, and Gigabyte’s AMP-UP audio. Is this the motherboard you need for your Z390 build? Read on as we find out!
- Supports 9th and 8th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
- 12+1 Phases Digital VRM Solution with DrMOS
- Advanced Thermal Design with Direct Touch Heatpipe
- Onboard Intel® CNVi 802.11ac 2×2 Wave 2 Wi-Fi
- ALC1220-VB Enhance 114dB(Rear)/ 110dB(Front) SNR in Microphone with WIMA Audio Capacitors
- Intel® Gigabit LAN with cFosSpeed
- RGB FUSION 2.0 with Multi-Zone LED Light Show Design, Supports Addressable LED & RGB LED Strips
- Smart Fan 5 features Multiple Temperature Sensors and Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP
- Front USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C™ Header
- Triple Ultra-Fast NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 with Triple Thermal Guards
- USB DAC-UP 2 with Adjustable Voltage
- CEC 2019 Ready, Save Power With a Simple Click
- Multi-Way Graphics Support with Dual Armor and Ultra Durable™ Design
The Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Ultra comes in a nice retail box. On the front there is a large AORUS logo and it lets us know some of the main features of the board.
Flipping over to the back of the board some of the main features are detailed. There is also an overview of the rear I/O ports and a list of specifications.
Getting everything out of the box as far as accessories go you have a WiFi antenna, SATA sables, RGB extension cables, the G connector, screws for the M.2 slots, two thermal probes, two velcro straps, a set of AORUS stickers, a driver and utility CD, and a user’s manual.