Back in 2019 we took a look at Sabrent’s Rocket Gen4 solid state drive, which was actually one of the first Gen4 drives we ever reviewed! This drive was part of the first wave of Gen4 devices that launched alongside AMD’s X570 chipset. Now in 2021 we are seeing the second wave of drives with new controllers and even faster speeds! Today we have Sabrent’s Rocket 4 Plus, which makes use of Phison’s PS5018-E18 controller and Micron 96-layer TLC NAND. That combination will give this drive (2TB version) speeds of 7000 MB/s read and 6850 MB/s write! Let’s get this drive on the test bench and see what it can do!
Special thanks to Sabrent for providing us with the Rocket 4 Plus Gen4 Solid State Drive to review.
• NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4 x4 Interface.
• PCIe 4.0 Compliant / NVMe 1.3 Compliant.
• Power Management Support for APST / ASPM / L1.2.
• Supports SMART and TRIM commands.
• Supports ONFi 2.3, ONFi 3.0, ONFi 3.2 and ONFi 4.0 interface.
• Advanced Wear Leveling, Bad Block Management, Error Correction Code, and Over-Provision.
• Upgradeable Firmware
The Rocket 4 Plus comes in a pretty small retail box. On the front we have a picture of the drive and the capacity. Currently Sabrent is offering this drive in 1TB, 2TB, and 4TB capacities. Flipping over to the back there is another picture of the drive and a link where you can get more product information.
Opening the box up inside you’ll find a gold tin with the drive inside. I have to say I am impressed with this, makes the unboxing experience pretty cool!