Over the past few months we’ve been checking out Viotek’s gaming display offerings. We first took a look at their GN32Q 32-inch Curved 1440p 144Hz display, then their GN27D 27-inch Curved 1440p 144Hz display, and today we have the GN24C. This display is a 24-inch curved Full HD (1920 x 1080) VA panel with a 144 hz refresh rate, and FreeSync support. Full HD displays with a 144 Hz refresh rate are really popular right now for gamers as that is what mid-range graphics cards can push (144 FPS) with the settings on games turned all the way up. There is no point in getting a 1440p or 4K display with a high refresh rate if you system can’t even run at those settings. These displays are also very popular with FPS gamers as they like the high refresh rate. This display is selling for only $219.99 on Amazon and is even listed as an “Amazon Choice” product. Let’s see if this display is the perfect gaming monitor for you.
- VISUAL IMMERSION – The HD monitor’s 1920x1080p resolution & 144Hz refresh rate create crisp images on an 1800R curved display
- FREESYNC – Calibrate targets & build bases with FPS & RTS optimization during rapid gaming without motion blur or tearing
- VIVID COLORS – Indulge in captivating scenery with enhanced depth with the pc monitor’s 1000000:1 DCR and 16.7M colors
- CONNECTIVITY OPTIONS – Connect with its HDMI & DP 1.2 ports to expand your 16:9 widescreen format for full HD entertainment
- VESA READY – Complete your setup for the best gaming experience & mount your computer monitor to any 75×75 VESA mount
The Viotek GN24C comes in pretty much the exact same box as the GN27D did, although it is a bit smaller. On the main side there is a Viotek logo and it lets us know we have the GN24C.
Flipping over to the back there is a photo of the display and some of the main features are listed.
Getting everything out of the box besides the display we have a power adapter, DisplayPort cable, VESA mount adapter, and a user’s manual. It is weird that there is a non-standard power adapter, it would have been nice to just have a normal power cable, which is easily replaceable.