Fractal Design is a company that is mainly known for their larger PC cases like the Torrent, North, and Define. They are no stranger to small form factor cases. We took a look at their Era all the way back in 2020 and they have the newer Ridge as well as Nano versions of some of their larger cases. For the most part the super-small mini-ITX cases we’ve seen have been sold as kits and are very much boutique products. Well Fractal Design plans to change that with Terra. This case has a footprint of only 10.4L, but can accommodate a full-size graphics card. On top that you have an 8mm anodized aluminum chassis with a walnut trimmed front facia available in three different color options. Now the real question we have is how easy is it to build in and how is the cooling? Read on as we find out!
Special thanks to Fractal Design for providing us with the Terra to review.
• Compact Mini-ITX small form factor design with stylish modern aesthetics and miniscule 10.4L footprint
• “Sandwich” style layout with flip-up side panels and pull-tab top panel for quick and easy access on three sides
• Durable steel chassis with 8 mm anodized aluminum exterior and fine walnut trim
• Movable motherboard spine offers flexibility, allowing users to trade space between compartments for an optimized
combination of GPU and CPU clearance
• Two front USB ports including one USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C with fast charging and speeds up to 10Gbps
• PCI-e 4.0 riser cable included
• Supports GPUs up to 322 mm long and up to 72 mm wide with height <131 mm, or up to 145 mm tall with width <62 mm (Max GPU config) • Room for CPU coolers up to 77 mm tall in Max CPU config, or 48 mm in Max GPU config • Support for larger SFX-L PSUs when bottom fan/SSD mount is not in use • Two dedicated 2.5” SSD slots • Ventilated side, top and bottom panels • Lockable top and side panels for safe transportation • Prepared for security lock
The Fractal Design Terra comes in a pretty plain box that simply says “Terra” on the front. Opening it up inside we find the case nicely protected.
As far as what comes with the case you’ll get a user’s guide, 2.5-inch SSD tray, a few velcro ties, zip ties, a cleaning cloth, and all of your screws.